• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent ages trying to work out how to write custom resources for Inspec, which checks server configurations. The documentation is, as always, terrible if you don't already know all about it, and the blog posts aren't much better. What is it about the Ruby community that makes them all so thoroughly incompetent at explaining stuff?

Got there in the end though, mainly by reading between the lines and single-stepping stuff in the debugger, and now have a custom resource for testing Django settings files

Might see about getting dinner in a bit, once I've fixed the bug my newly-crafted tests uncovered

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Spent ages trying to work out how to write custom resources for Inspec, which checks server configurations. The documentation is, as always, terrible if you don't already know all about it, and the blog posts aren't much better. What is it about the Ruby community that makes them all so thoroughly incompetent at explaining stuff?

Got there in the end though, mainly by reading between the lines and single-stepping stuff in the debugger, and now have a custom resource for testing Django settings files

Might see about getting dinner in a bit, once I've fixed the bug my newly-crafted tests uncovered

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        with sufficient suspension of disbelief it is pretty good
        I'm not nearly drunk enough for that.

Physics? Physics my arse.

Do you believe what just happened?
        Er, no, now you mention it.

I'm sat here wearing my new walking boots (there' another kind of boot you don't walk in?).

They're size 10 but they seem a bit tight.

Feck me we've just reached the sentiment.

And it's over.

And the 10 minutes of stuff on the 2nd dvd was just about worth enduring.

That's another dup that's off to the charity emporium on Saturday next.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2019, 20:45.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I'm not nearly drunk enough for that.

Physics? Physics my arse.

Er, no, now you mention it.

I'm sat here wearing my new walking boots (there' another kind of boot you don't walk in?).

They're size 10 but they seem a bit tight.

Feck me we've just reached the sentiment.

Comment

Now watching some more nonsense about UFOs on "Blaze".

It's as believable as "Armageddon".
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Spag bol for tea, and very nice it was

The bol was frozen last month, and the spag was wholemeal, to give the illusion of healthy eating

Comment

Thinking about bed now. Tired.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Spag bol for tea, and very nice it was

The bol was frozen last month, and the spag was wholemeal, to give the illusion of healthy eating
                  Ommmm.

Comment

Having got to an important point in B5, I'm going to give it a rest for a day or more. Time to watch something in HD for a change

Comment

The evening's viewing (apart from some brain and thoracic surgery on iPlayer while I ate dinner) turned out to be Transcendence (2014) - IMDb, one of those "OMG Strong AI! We must stop it!" films. Short on robots, long on vague speculations about the morality of technology, not very fast-paced, and a bit confusing in some ways. For example, the naysayers devoted themselves to stopping this AI because of the huge threat it supposedly might present, even though it didn't seem to be doing anything particularly harmful; in fact, it wasn't doing very much at all apart from making a lot of money providing useful services and regenerating the economy of a small desert town near which it placed its solar panels. "Not one of us" seemed to be the fundamental attitude of the band of terrorists, scientists, and FBI agents who wanted to stop it. (Clearly an illegal conspiracy on their part, BTW.)

Anyway, it was treating medical conditions without a license from the FDA so they could have just shut it down on those grounds if they were looking for an excuse.

All a bit ho-hum, I found, though maybe that's just me

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X