• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Then it should, if I can be bothered, be possible to point the phone at the telly and have it use machine learning to work out which film page I'm looking at on the Apple TV, either by deciphering the title or (for bonus points) recognising the cover art, and tell me when I last watched it

Not sure if I'll go that far, but it would be an interesting challenge
    Or how about "Hey Siri, when did I last watch <film>?"

Comment

Stop rubbing it in!

Today I bought a 2nd copy of "Broken City", which, fortunately, wasn't £7, , but 75p is 75p after all.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For the record, lunch earlier was a couple of croissants, with the last of the strawberry jam that was best before early February

This means future croissants will be with the raspberry jam that's best before some time in summer next year, so update your files accordingly.

Comment

My master plan isn't helped by iTunes having marked a large number of films as "Watched" when they haven't been

Next plan: filter for films that are so marked but for which the "last played" date is nil, and mark them as unwatched if I don't remember having watched them

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Tea/dinner this evening involved microwave rice, tomato soup, baked beans, a couple of apples, a tangerine, some bread, the odd touch of chilli sauce and some tea.

The Southern Comfort came along later.

This evening's first feature was "Metro (1997)" with Eddie Murphy as a cop in San Francisco.

A novel idea that's never featured in a flim previously but it was ok.

It's not Beverly Hills Cop, mostly because a) it's not in Beverly Hills, and b) because it's a drama/action movie not a comedy.

Metro (1997) - IMDb

And a prime example of why you should off the baddie at the first possible opportunity.

The evening's 2nd feature is "The Lucky Ones (2008)" with Tim Robbins, Michael Pena, Rachael McAdams.

The Lucky Ones (2008) - IMDb

Being the story of three returning veterans of one or other of Bush's wars, unspecified.

It's rather good in its way.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In the Chinese
                And very nice it was, as always

Comment

Got late early tonight, didn't it?

The first major motion picture of the evening was The Meg (2018), in which Jason Statham encounters a giant prehistoric shark (as do some other people, but it's mainly to do with him). I'm not an expert on these matters but I strongly suspect this film to be scientifically unsound. Still, it's entertaining enough despite that

One can imagine the initial production meeting:
                  "So, it's about a really big shark."
                  "Yeah, I think Spielberg already did that?"
                  "We're gonna need a bigger shark."

And after that, a rewatch of Reservoir Dogs (1992), which I watched for the first time getting on three years ago. Excellent film

Goodnight all

Comment

Watched The Meg at the local IMAX...

It's a great film if you are happy to willingly suspend your disbelief...

Comment

Bit of a change of tone for our Jason though.

Morning.

Unpleasantly early.:

It'll be even more unpleasantly early tomorrow.

Grey.

Cold.

Sunless.

No observable precipitation.

And speaking of 1970s sea films, I found what I took to be a Dutch version of "The Deep" yesterday.

I left it where it was.

Now charging 10 NiCd cells so I can set the timer on a vcr.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2019, 08:33.

Comment

Working...
                      X