• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Very good, but did you do that by accident when pissed out of your brain like I did a fortnight ago.
    some kind of browser hiccup

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      A vert wet and windy dog walk earlier. 40+mph gusts (according to the weather station) and sleet as well. Dog was ok, she just trotted along the the lee of the hedges. I looked like I'd been dragged through them.
      Trying to blame that on the weather won't wash

Comment

Pâté on sesame seed bloomer toast for lunch again, as the pâté Needed To Be Eaten™

Comment

Getting busy on the road outside, for they are doing The Football again.

In here, matters of greater moment: the tea towel wash is almost done

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Getting busy on the road outside, for they are doing The Football again.

In here, matters of greater moment: the tea towel wash is almost done
            You do them separately?

I stick mine in with the cottons & do them at 75 deg C.

Should be enough to kill most things especially since it takes knocking on for 3 hours.

The neighbours are moving in.

It is Not Going Well, especially since the male section went down the pub for lunch before the moving lorries appeared.

This did not go down well with the female section who promptly fecked off to see her son elsewhere.

Tried to get the back door off to make moving stuff easier but the bottom pin is immovable so far, and I can't think of a way of shifting since there's not enough room to hit it with anything.

Naturally enough the other 3 pins just popped out.

The house is now full to bursting and some of the crap makes me look a bit askance at it.

I'm gonna need to build another shed at this rate.

Feck me I seem to have spent an entire fecking year moving stuff, now I think of it this time last year I was busily emptying the loft next door so the first builder could start on April 10th.

He was good at starting.

Finishing, not so much.

And then there was the move from Ye Olde Slough of Desponde on the hill to Ye Newe Slough of Desponde in the docks.

Feck me, I'm knackered.

I think it's time for some more ibuprofen as well.

One has just noticed that "The Equalizer" is on Forces TV tonight at 23:10.

The Proper One, one assumes, with Mr Callan as the Equalizer.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 March 2019, 17:08.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You do them separately?

Should be enough to kill most things especially since it takes knocking on for 3 hours.
              I've got quite a lot of them; a now-deceased great aunt used to give what have proven to be very good, long-lasting ones to my siblings and I for Christmas. So the supply lasts for ages and, once I move on to the last clean one, the rest are gathered from the corner where they've been mankily lurking and all get done together.

I could fit some more stuff in with them, I suppose, but I can't be bothered leaving the kitchen to look for it

Comment

Should I mention that the tighty whiteys also go in with the cottons?

The poor sods doing the moving next door are having great fun getting stuff through doors.

Awkward ain't the word for it.

Fecking awkward is.

<hiatus>

So there's the 3 seater & 2 seater sofas in.

Bit of a struggle there.

Then there's the unempty freezer going in, it might have been just a tad lighter without the stuff inside it.

And the ginormous septic style fridge freezer is yet to make its entrance.

At this rate there's no room for the people.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 March 2019, 17:56.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

At this rate there's no room for the people.
                  They'll have to come and stay with you

Comment

You do them separately?

The neighbours are moving in.

It is Not Going Well, especially since the male section went down the pub for lunch before the moving lorries appeared.

This did not go down well with the female section who promptly fecked off to see her son elsewhere.

Tried to get the back door off to make moving stuff easier but the bottom pin is immovable so far, and I can't think of a way of shifting since there's not enough room to hit it with anything.

Naturally enough the other 3 pins just popped out.

The house is now full to bursting and some of the crap makes me look a bit askance at it.

I'm gonna need to build another shed at this rate.

Feck me I seem to have spent an entire fecking year moving stuff, now I think of it this time last year I was busily emptying the loft next door so the first builder could start on April 10th.

He was good at starting.

Finishing, not so much.

And then there was the move from Ye Olde Slough of Desponde on the hill to Ye Newe Slough of Desponde in the docks.

Feck me, I'm knackered.

I think it's time for some more ibuprofen as well.

One has just noticed that "The Equalizer" is on Forces TV tonight at 23:10.

The Proper One, one assumes, with Mr Callan as the Equalizer.
                    yeh, watched that last night
                    why are you so involved with the moving next door?
                    can't you just let them **** it up on their own?

Comment

on another level
                      steak pie, chips and peas for the evening repast.
                      and very nice too
                      <stuffed fat pig emoji>

Comment

Working...
                      X