• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They're probably made in the same factory anyway
    Surely not!

There must be an M&S wing and a Sainsbury wing to the factory.

Much like there is for Twix.

<hiatus during which the welding chipping hammer came in handy in the freezer>

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Plus I've discovered that I don't have a stuffed heart to go with the lamb tomorrow.
    Dug down a bit deeper and lo! verily I say unto thee, a stuffed lamb's heart hove into view.

Which has saved me another walk down to town.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2019, 14:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Much like there is for Twix.
      They need two wings for those because the left one is made in one wing, and the right in the other. Then they're brought together in the middle for packaging.

Comment

Getting all professional and organised with the placeholders thing by setting up a GitHub project in its repository, creating an issue, and assigning it to myself

The GitHub project stuff is pretty good, actually. Having specified the issue is part of the project, it automatically gets added to the "to do" column. Later, when it's "in progress" and I push the relevant changes, I can just put "Fixes #1" in the commit comment and it'll automatically get moved to "completed".

So basically like Jira but without the feature creep

Comment

"A Canterbury Tale" with Eric Portman.

A Canterbury Tale (1944) - IMDb
          And so it was, the first feature today was the abouve "A Canterbury Tale (1944)" with Eric Portman.

It was very good, though some oik in the reviews disagreed & gave it 2*.

Tea/dinner was the remains of Sunday's roast beef with carrots & onions.

There was rather a lot of it really.

This evening's 2nd feature is "Run Silent Run Deep (1958)" with Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster.

Run Silent Run Deep (1958) - IMDb

They're not getting on together very well. .

It remains to be seen if it's shades of "Crimson Tide".

Though the circumstances are rather different since they're not on a boomer able to start WWIII.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And so it was, the first feature today was the abouve "A Canterbury Tale (1944)" with Eric Portman.

It was very good, though some oik in the reviews disagreed & gave it 2*.

Tea/dinner was the remains of Sunday's roast beef with carrots & onions.

There was rather a lot of it really.

This evening's 2nd feature is "Run Silent Run Deep (1958)" with Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster.

Run Silent Run Deep (1958) - IMDb

They're not getting on together very well. .

It remains to be seen if it's shades of "Crimson Tide".

Though the circumstances are rather different since they're not on a boomer able to start WWIII.
            military submarine films paled for me after 'das boot'
            nothing ever matched it's gritty atmosphere IMMHO

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              military submarine films paled for me after 'das boot'
              nothing ever matched it's gritty atmosphere IMMHO
              I've got both the long film version and the very, very long version that's the whole of the TV series spliced together into one film ("ALL the waiting", as somebody described it). The only question is when I'll have enough time to watch them

Comment

So, the nginx configuration is finally done, after I'd learned an awful lot about nginx configuration file directives for a Saturday

It now sits happily in front of the gunicorn server that runs the image generator. When a request comes in, it uses regular expressions to rewrite it into the underlying filename format, and if the image of that name already exists, it sends that back. Otherwise, it forwards the request to the app which generates and saves the image before returning it, so all future requests can find it and the app can put its feet up.

As this is using rewrite directives in a configuration file, I needed to handle the four cases separately: /123, /123x456, /123/colour, and/123x456/colour (all with optional trailing slashes, but that's the easy bit). Maybe there's a way to do it all as one rewrite, but I'm happy with it working as it is; if anything, it makes things a bit clearer, which is always good

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  So, the nginx configuration is finally done, after I'd learned an awful lot about nginx configuration file directives for a Saturday

It now sits happily in front of the gunicorn server that runs the image generator. When a request comes in, it uses regular expressions to rewrite it into the underlying filename format, and if the image of that name already exists, it sends that back. Otherwise, it forwards the request to the app which generates and saves the image before returning it, so all future requests can find it and the app can put its feet up.

As this is using rewrite directives in a configuration file, I needed to handle the four cases separately: /123, /123x456, /123/colour, and/123x456/colour (all with optional trailing slashes, but that's the easy bit). Maybe there's a way to do it all as one rewrite, but I'm happy with it working as it is; if anything, it makes things a bit clearer, which is always good
                  ok, can it cook?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    ok, can it cook?
                    Nope. Utterly trivial little app; does one thing with a minimal amount of code, but only if it has to

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X