• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tea/dinner was M&S breaded haddock (a not so chunky chunk).

Entertainment, such as it is, is provided by "Ocean's Eight(2018)" with Sandra Bullock et al.

Ocean's Eight (2018) - IMDb

Which was pretty average all in all until this twat turned up:

James Corden - IMDb

At which point I set the dvd on fire.
    I wasn't very impressed by that one, and his presence doesn't do anything to improve matters

Comment

I think one probably needed to a) a lady or b) good with colours to enjoy that one.

This evening's 2nd feature whilst waiting for the tumble drier to do its thing is "Snow White and the Huntsman(2012)".

The 7 dwarves are an interesting bunch.

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - IMDb

Swearengen included.

Feck this just got really weird.

This evening's 2nd feature was intended to be "The Big Easy" with Dennis Quaid and Ellen Barkin, who was a fox back in the day.

Sadly it's another of those dvds that's scratched to buggery & back & the toothpaste trick hasn't worked too well this time.

I'm at a loss to understand how you get a dvd into that condition, but there you go.

It was probably 33p, 50p, or a quid.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2019, 09:48.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s tea has been a leg and wing off the roast chicken, with noodles. I could try to pretend it was chow mein but it was more like a homemade Pot Noodle really

Comment

Tonight's main feature was 48 Hrs. (1982), which is indeed very good. I noticed that the chap who played Luther, David Patrick Kelly, was also the bad guy in The Warriors, in which his character was called… Luther

And then a bit more of The West Wing. Only ten of those left now, plus the special episode from after 9-11.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight's main feature was 48 Hrs. (1982), which is indeed very good. I noticed that the chap who played Luther, David Patrick Kelly, was also the bad guy in The Warriors, in which his character was called… Luther
            And he didn't have a good end in either.

Did you enjoy the appearance of Dexter's undead dead dad?

I thought it was magic.

I'm feeling a bit odd this morning, dunno if it's the stress of all the tulip that going on or merely because I stayed in bed until 09:00, at which point the imminent start of the 09:05 crap on R4 stirred my stumps to turn the wireless off & get up.

The cottons are in the WM and should be done by the time I return from town with this week's collection of, hopefully unscratched to buggery, dvds.

Just ventured, Specifically, into General.

That brief visit is sufficient for this weekend.

<hiatus during which town was visited & despite the cloudscape it didn't rain>

Well there we are.

Another foot or so of dvds acquired, amongst which was "Great Expectations" with James "Rommel" Mason as Magwitch

Great Expectations (TV Movie 1974) - IMDb

and "A Canterbury Tale" with Eric Portman.

A Canterbury Tale (1944) - IMDb

In other news, the WM still has half an hour to go, and I'm feeling really weird and not in a good way.

I think the stress is getting to me.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2019, 11:56.

Comment

Morning denizens

Had trouble getting to sleep again, but it was mainly due to thinking about Nginx configuration files, of which I know little

Been grey here earlier but it's just brightened up a little

This won't last though; wind on the way, then rain this evening, so it is foretold

Comment

Oh, and another of the dvds was a special edition of "Reservoir Dogs" in a tin box that resembles an oil can of some sort.

It took me a while to figure out how to open it.

I think I'm approaching my dotage.

<brief hiatus>

Ah feck, sounds like the new neighbours have arrived with more boxes, I suppose I should lend a hand.

Have I mentioned that I'm feeling a bit odd?
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2019, 12:12.

Comment

And he didn't have a good end in either.

Did you enjoy the appearance of Dexter's undead dead dad?

I thought it was magic.
                  He makes a good loony

and "A Canterbury Tale" with Eric Portman.

A Canterbury Tale (1944) - IMDb
                  Excellent! I watched that quite recently; a beautiful film

In other news, the WM still has half an hour to go, and I'm feeling really weird and not in a good way.

I think the stress is getting to me.
                  <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    He makes a good loony

Excellent! I watched that quite recently; a beautiful film

<- manly
                    Thanks.

I found out recently that Portman batted for the other team, not that it matters.

And I'm still feeling weird.

Plus I've discovered that I don't have a stuffed heart to go with the lamb tomorrow.

How predictable might it be that the butcher will have sold out of them when I go back down this afternoon.

Comment

Croissants and jam for breakfast, or possibly lunch

Perhaps I have an unsophisticated palate, but I really can't discern any difference between the M&S ones and the Sainsbury's, despite the latter being labelled "Taste the Difference". And they cost the same.

They're probably made in the same factory anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X