• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a pre-Christmas tip run with an excess of Amazon cardboard so our bins are still manageable.

We did however decide to have our doors replace 5 days before Christmas, so there is a pile of doors in the drive that won't fit in my nice little MX5. It took 20 years to replace the doors, so perhaps I am being too ambitious to hope the old ones will disappear before the next decade is done.

Comment

Chinese for dinner, and very nice it was

I tried to post while I was there, but whenever I try to access CUK on my phone, it gets redirected to various spam/malware sites

Something dodgy in the advertising code no doubt, as it doesn't happen on any other site, or with JavaScript turned off. I've emailed admin to let him know

Comment

First up on the scrying machine tonight was Source Code (2011), a thriller with sort of time loop elements, though it isn't really a time loop as such. Rather good, I thought; certainly much better than many things of that ilk.

And to follow: Die Hard 4.0 (2007), aka Live Free or Die Hard; apparently they changed the title outside the US because they thought we might not be aware of New Hampshire's state motto, rather like The Madness of George III going the other way. Anyway, it has plenty of ridiculously over-the-top stunts with the usual fairly coherent storyline, and is none the worse for any of that

And some more chipping away at The West Wing.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          First up on the scrying machine tonight was Source Code (2011), a thriller with sort of time loop elements, though it isn't really a time loop as such. Rather good, I thought; certainly much better than many things of that ilk.

And some more chipping away at The West Wing.
          Enjoyed "Source Code" some years ago.

They did some chipping in "White House Down" too.

Morning.

Sort of dry in a dampish sort of way.

Warmish. 15.7 in the living room, with 11.6 in the laundry room.

Dank.

Grey. Very grey. Very very grey.

Not so misty as yesterday.

I think I'll go for a walk once I've done the dishes & had a dump, not necessarily in that order.

<hiatus including walk>

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Sort of dry in a dampish sort of way.

Not so misty as yesterday.

That was then, now it's drizzling and the mist is halfway down the mountain.

Lunch today, it being Sunday and being rather fed up with turkey, shall, with any luck, be roast beef (Morrisons, reduced).
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 December 2018, 11:48.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Beef bourgengon for tea with left over beef from Xmas.

That'll cook while I watch the footy.

Other than that it's just grey here.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey again, but fairly mild at a reported 11°C

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              They did some chipping in "White House Down" too.
              And in Olympus Has Fallen

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey again, but fairly mild at a reported 11°C

And in Olympus Has Fallen
                Indeed.

The cloud is now even lower and the drizzle even more drizzly.

Sunday afternoon shop done.

New Year&#39;s Day Laundry Superstitions and Resolutions

New Year's Day Laundry Superstitions
                After you've kissed a loved one at midnight, pay heed to these laundry superstitions. Here are four New Year's Day superstitions to help you have a less troublesome new laundry year.

Following these suggestions won't get rid of laundry duty, but, hey, it can't hurt!

Don't do laundry on New Year's Day or a member of the family will be washed away (die) during the coming year.

Doing laundry on New Year's Day will wash a year of good fortune down the drain.

Don't do laundry on New Year's Day or you will have more laundry than usual to do all year.

Wear something new on New Year's Day to increase the likelihood of more new clothes in the coming year.
                Only heard of the first of these.

An elderly (she'd be 118 if she was still around) aunt used to come out with that one.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 December 2018, 15:14.

Comment

I think I'll avoid housework of any kind on New Year's Day, just to be on the safe side

Comment

I think I'll avoid housework of any kind on New Year's Day, just to be on the safe side
                    I've done the bedding today, using the Logik washing machine.

Which seems to be a rather better spin drier than the much more expensive Miele.

In other news, just oiled the hinges on the back door, the outside lav door, the laundry room doors and the shed door, this last having exactly one operative hinge, the one at the top, held on by two and a half screws to a wooden door post in the last stages of rot.

I may repair this shortly*.

*However "shortly" might be defined, having owned the thing for a mere 20 years now.

Comment

Late lunch - might almost be tea, in fact - of the last of the Boxing Day leftovers: some extremely nice beef, roasted on the rib

Oh, actually, there's some ham left, but while that was originally intended for Boxing Day, it didn't get cooked then as there was more than enough other stuff on hand. Instead, my siblings and I split the uncooked joint between us, and I roasted my bit the other day. So it doesn't really count.

Comment

Working...
                      X