• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the day driving along the Atlantic coast.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Happy Christmas everyone.

Don't eat too much turkey [emoji884]
      No chance of that it was a choice of what little was carved off the goose, some rare & bloody beef, and some salmon wellington.

Of which, the salmon was mucked about with rather too much for my taste, the beef was far too bloody, and the goose looked like it died of starvation.

Other than that the meal was pleasant enough.

If I hadn't been driving I could have got myself ratarsed like my increasingly loud and uncoordinated nephew managed.

For tea it was mostly varieties of cheeses, which probably explains the migraine I'll have by tomorrow.

And I brought home tins of biscuits, shortbread, bottles of wine & whisky, and an Xmas pudding (family sized so that should last me at least a week), brandy butter, brandy sauce, etc. etc.

I like custard.

Had a nice walk around Brynmill Park in the afternoon when tensions meant it was A Good Idea.

This evening's discussion about the builder raised tensions even higher.

But I'm home now & farting like a good un.

Them sprouts.

Why they have to be cooked to such an extent is beyond me.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      None here - local (to me) venison this year
      If I'd thought I could have gone poaching in Margam Park with the AK.

This evening's epic was "J. Edgar" being the film directed by Clinton Eastwood, starring Leonardo Di Caprio.

It was ok, being more of a character study than anything else.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 December 2018, 00:03.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turkey and all the usual bits for dinner. Nothing exciting happened. This evening has mainly been about Quality Street and Ferrero Rocher

Comment

Back home tomorrow afternoon

Goodnight all

Comment

Thank Deity that's over for another year. :

I now have 3/4s of an xmas cake, and a family size xmas pudding.

As mentioned earlier.

And I still dunno what to do with a pint of brandy sauce.

Ho hum.

I suspect it's beans for lunch and beans for tea today just to clean the system out a bit (or a lot).

It's grey and misty.

Windless.

14.5 deg in the living room, with 10.3 in the laundry room, min of 9.4.

Vaguely drizzly looking.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 December 2018, 10:01.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day, but mild for the time of year

Comment

Morning all

grey, dry, and hungover in sarf herts.

Comment

Back from a nice walk, Morrisons is open but I restrained any urge to enter therein, this being the way that madness lies.

Beggars out in force.

3 people riding horses on the road, much to the irritation of car drivers.

Lunch/tea/dinner/brunch/breakfast was beans on toast, the beans being Heinz and the toast being a very thick crust of the Morrisons seeded loaf thing that's almost finished.

Yum.

Now attempting to think what to have for tea/dinner/brunch/breakfast/lunch this evening.

Maybe a light meal with some fish of some description in it would pass muster.

One shall inspect the contents of the freezer shortly.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Currently watching Apollo 13. With motion smoothing
                  Does this involve some extra special diapers for the crew when the Main B Bus Undervolt happened?
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 December 2018, 12:31.

Comment

Happy St Stephens Day everyone

Massive lego fest underway at Chez Nous.
                    Built my Lego Aston Martin and it is how do you say... The Bollocks!

Grey but dry, not too cold either.

Have a good one, all!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Home again

Comment

Working...
                      X