• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch

This afternoon, I have to travel out to the sorting office in the back of beyond, then to Sainsbury's, where it's the week of the double-value Nectar vouchers for wine and certain other categories of goods. Which means it must be a year since I got my slow cooker, as that was basically free with such a voucher

Comment

Was having a lovely lunchtime snooze until I moved and the occupancy sensor turned the light back on.

Have identified some of the causes of my ever ongoing and increasing dischuffedness.

The Group Project with the 2nd years used to involve 2 projects which alternated year by year.

These were quite fun: A line follower buggy thing, and a remote controlled buggy thing.

Now they seem to do random projects that require next to no involvement from me other than supplying bits & pieces.

Just sayin' like.

And I can identify when it all started to change for the worse.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2018, 14:17.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping done

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          …to Sainsbury's, where it's the week of the double-value Nectar vouchers for wine and certain other categories of goods. Which means it must be a year since I got my slow cooker, as that was basically free with such a voucher
          And said shopping included £50 worth of wine, and a Kenwood food processor marked at £50 (reduced from £70), both of which cost me nothing but half that value of Nectar points

Comment

Rain! Lots of it all at once!

That wasn't in the forecast earlier

Comment

Rain! Lots of it all at once!

That wasn't in the forecast earlier
              Currently it appears to be dry, but the wind started howling a little while ago, so it should be horizontal murrain of beasts soon, probably about 30 seconds after I walk out of the door.

I still can't believe some feckwhit thought it a good idea to build Ye New Slough of Despond here.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Currently it appears to be dry, but the wind started howling a little while ago, so it should be horizontal murrain of beasts soon, probably about 30 seconds after I walk out of the door.

I still can't believe some feckwhit thought it a good idea to build Ye New Slough of Despond here.
                I thought of you when I walked out of the hotel in Brighton on Friday night, turned the corner of the porch onto the prom, and was hit in the face by horizontal rain and a wind off the sea so strong it literally stopped me in my tracks for a second or two

Comment

X5 bus home.

Deluge as predicted.

Tonight's first feature was the Barrett 1000yd challenge in "Top Shot", yet another lunatic Septic gun programme on Forces TV.

Followed by "Insomnia (2002)" with Al Pacino, Robin Williams, and Hilary Swank.

Insomnia (2002) - IMDb

It's rather good in a confusing sort of way.

Tea, in a dinner sort of way, was more of yesterday's roast lamb.

It was not quite as nice as yesterday though.

Which was followed by stewed blackberries the remains of a tin of peaches (BBE 2014) with some custard.

That was very nice.

I've almost used all the caster sugar now.

Can one make custard with demerara sugar?
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2018, 22:30.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

I thought of you when I walked out of the hotel in Brighton on Friday night, turned the corner of the porch onto the prom, and was hit in the face by horizontal rain and a wind off the sea so strong it literally stopped me in my tracks for a second or two
                      Impressive, innit?

It was exactly like that this evening when I staggered out of the front door on the way home.

The wind was fierce and it was doing its best to rain enormous drops of rain.

Quite painful.

Fortunately it stopped until I got on the bus or I'd have been soaked again.

Unfortunately it made up for it by tipping down on the way home from Morrisons.

TFBSZ

We also had some impressive thunder & lightning, very very frightening.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2018, 22:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X