• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Watching a jeff beck history from BBC4 some time ago.
    very good.
    cornish pasty and beans for dinner with a nice<insert wine variety here>
    Posh git.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I've opened all the upstairs windows (to make NF jealous since mine open ) to blow some fresh air through the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        So glad you call it that ;-)
        Posh git.
        Huh? - it's what we always called it,- i don't think a west of scotland council estate <where i grew up> could be called posh. - calling it 'tea' was posh.

Comment

Switching to full Autumnal Sunday Afternoon Mode: fire on, pot of tea brewing, toasted teacakes with lashings of butter, and Powell & Pressburger's A Canterbury Tale on the box

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Switching to full Autumnal Sunday Afternoon Mode: fire on, pot of tea brewing, toasted teacakes with lashings of butter, and Powell & Pressburger's A Canterbury Tale on the box
            And very fine it all was

Particularly A Canterbury Tale (1944), in which I don't think there's a single shot you couldn't capture as a still, frame, and hang on your wall

Comment

Luxury.

Had a big tin of Heinz(tm) Baked Beans with little sausages (BBE 2015) for my tea.

Currently 2/3rds through Lethal Weapon 3, which is paused to make way for Doctor Who.

It will thereafter resume, and then be followed by the Oak Island nutjobs in its usual fashion.

< 35 minute hiatus>
              Doctor Who has proved so interesting that I'm changing the cell in my watch.

I may be some time.

<25 minute hiatus>

Glad that's over.

And the watch cell has been changed without losing any of the little screws and such like, and lo! it still works, mostly thanks to the purchase of a card of cells from Lidl(tm) some years ago, one of which turns out to be The Right One.

Getting the little screws back in turned out to be a challenge, as did getting the back back on the right way round.

Another challenge was pressing the buttons in the usual demented fashion whilst attempting to remember how the feck the thing adjusts.

And now it's done.

For another 5 months.

By which time I'll have forgotten it all again.

Didn't think much of this ep of the good Doctor really.

There's not enough oxygen in the air for spiders to survive at that size.

Back when there was 25% O2, there were dragon flies with a 1 metre wingspan.

And so we resume the final half hour of "Lethal Weapon 3".

Lethal Weapon 3 (1992) - IMDb
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2018, 22:16.

Comment

Luxury.

Had a big tin of Heinz(tm) Baked Beans with little sausages (BBE 2015) for my tea.

There's posh for you

Comment

I've got Lethal Weapon versions 1 to 4, but it appears I've only watched the first one, about two years ago. I should fix that

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    There's posh for you
                    I'm practising drinking my mug of tea with my pinky finger sticking out so I look even posher.

The Oak Island nutjobs found some baulks of timber which seemed to be cut on a circular saw, apparently this was disappointing.

So they're drilling another big feck off hole a bit further away because the previous borehole had a gold coloured object in the CCTV picture.

They also found a copper ring and a copper coin with a metal detector at a site in the forest.

The excitement was palpable.

In other news, yesterday's bonfire relit itself this afternoon, much to my amazement.

Plainly the ashes weren't as cold as I thought they were.

So enough smoke was emitted to satisfy any self respecting Apache sending smoke signals.

A recent check showed that the stuff had all burned away by this evening.

Such a wonderfully successful weekend is its own reward.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 October 2018, 07:52. Reason: Dunno wot a copper right is, should have been a ring

Comment

Tea tonight was pork chops, with chips, peas, gravy, and a stray Yorkshire pud that was left over in the freezer; and very nice it all was

Been out to the bins and it's not warm out there: 2°C, apparently

Comment

Working...
                      X