• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shall be leaving the New Slough of Despond at about 15:45 in a no doubt vain* attempt to get to the Drs in Neath by 17:00.

Dunno why it should be so problematic since I'll probably be kept waiting anyway.

*though it might be vane or vein.

And the stuff is in the little lab.

It's connected up (the pcs).

The magic kit has USB leads and mains leads dangling ready for when the lecturer decides wtf he wants stuff.

And now I'm going to the doctors.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 September 2018, 14:39.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      And now I'm going to the doctors.

Good luck!

Maybe they'll do your flu jab while you're there…

Comment

Scotch broth progress report: the lamb shoulder pieces have been extracted, all the meat removed and shredded, and everything returned to the pot. While they were out of the way, the vegetables (which were in large pieces) were extracted, blitzed, and also returned to the pot.

The whole lot is now back to simmering. Pulses etc. go in roughly two hours hence.

More as we get it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In a sudden, frenzied outburst of activity, I have started a Scotch broth in the slow cooker: carrots, onions, celery, leeks, and the remains of two half-shoulders of lamb: one knuckle, one blade, making a whole shoulder in Frankenstein sheep terms

I'm doing it on low, so it'll get about eight hours, with the Scotch broth mix of pulses and such going in for the last two. As I recall, that usually works out about right.

And once that was on, a bacon cob for lunch
          Sounds lovely apart from the celery.

Good luck!

Maybe they'll do your flu jab while you're there…
          If I was 6 months older, yes, they would have, however I'm not so I'll have to wait until the 10th.

Apparently there are two forms of flu jab this year.

BP was a bit higher than I expected at 150/90.

Maybe that Lidl(tm) thing was telling the truth after all.

(No it wasn't, it reckoned I was dead, but there you go).

The Dr reckoned the vertical was due to a virus, but then again, isn't everything?

Comment

Sounds lovely apart from the celery.
            Gets reduced to nothing but a bit of fibrous thickening when I blitz the veg - as does the rest of the veg

BP was a bit higher than I expected at 150/90.

Maybe that Lidl(tm) thing was telling the truth after all.

(No it wasn't, it reckoned I was dead, but there you go).

The Dr reckoned the vertical was due to a virus, but then again, isn't everything?
            Rather high even by my extremely flexible standards

I think they play the virus card when they don't have a clue and don't see any way of finding out

Comment

More as we get it.
              There was a momentary panic when I couldn't find the Scotch broth mix of barley, etc. but I located it tucked away in a Tupperware box towards the back of the cupboard, so that's on now

The instructions told me I should have soaked it overnight, and absolutely must boil it for ten minutes before putting it in the soup. I've got a feeling I may have done the soaking before, but don't remember the boiling

Anyway, it's too late for soaking, so I gave it a boil, then got the bones out and chucked it in. I daresay it'll be fine; it'll get a couple of hours or more slow cooking now, then be left overnight to mature.

Comment

There was a momentary panic when I couldn't find the Scotch broth mix of barley, etc. but I located it tucked away in a Tupperware box towards the back of the cupboard, so that's on now

The instructions told me I should have soaked it overnight, and absolutely must boil it for ten minutes before putting it in the soup. I've got a feeling I may have done the soaking before, but don't remember the boiling

Anyway, it's too late for soaking, so I gave it a boil, then got the bones out and chucked it in. I daresay it'll be fine; it'll get a couple of hours or more slow cooking now, then be left overnight to mature.
                Fingers crossed, you'll get to eat this one

Comment

There's a thing about Hedy Lamar on BBC4 at 21:00.

As in the inventor of spread spectrum for a bet.

She was in one of the episodes of S2 of "Timeless" where they went back in time & told her to patent the idea.

Comment

There's a thing about Hedy Lamar on BBC4 at 21:00.

As in the inventor of spread spectrum for a bet.

She was in one of the episodes of S2 of "Timeless" where they went back in time & told her to patent the idea.
                    Watching it now, - i had no idea she was so intellectually talented.
                    Mind you, i only saw her in movies when i was dragged to the pictures as a small child

Comment

As the Scotch broth continues to do its thing, I've freed up some space for it in the freezer by having chicken casserole for tea

Comment

Working...
                      X