• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brightening up, bits of blue sky beginning to show from the west. Southern skies still look decidedly grey.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Ommmm!

Comment

Yes....

for anyone who plays Elite Dangerous - it's all getting a bit salty over the Gnosis

(for those who don't this post will be meaningless!)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Had the rest of that topside from yesterday for lunch, in a couple of the M&S rolls that I don't like the flavour of very much but I got a couple of packs because of a special offer or something and now they've been taking up space in the freezer for months

Only a couple of the rolls left now. Might quietly bin them, even if it is a waste
          It must be said that if they didn't taste nice before, then the spell in the freezer is unlikely to have improved them.

Currently wondering whether to return home by bus or by train.

Decisions decisions.

Neither choice involves expenditure other than of energy by walking.

In other uninteresting news, I've emptied all the crates, so the movers could have them back if they liked.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Been raining steadily for a couple of hours, but now we're getting the absolutely-belting-down stages passing overhead

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              It must be said that if they didn't taste nice before, then the spell in the freezer is unlikely to have improved them.
              Indeed. Maybe I should use them to make breadcrumbs rather than just chucking them - I doubt whatever flavour they have will survive that

Comment

Fresh batch of chips brought to Phase II and now freezing

Comment

Just watched the last 10 minutes of "Murphy's War".

It's a long time since I watched that last.

It was on "Movies for Men".

Tea was lentil <pffffft> soup, this iteration being the last to include any of that disgusting batch I produced back in July.

It was reasonably acceptable.

Followed by stewed apple & custard.

And a Morrison cheese & onion quiche. (But only because I don't write any FORTRAN these days).

Now watching a programme about the Garden of Eden on "Yesterday".

Other than that, I'm completely knackered.

Came home on the train & that seems to overtire me in some strange way.

There are mutterings about supporting the classes that go on until 19:00.

I fear I must disabuse them of this notion.

There's no way I'm getting home after 20:00 on what they pay me.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Been raining steadily for a couple of hours, but now we're getting the absolutely-belting-down stages passing overhead
                  Thankfully it was just heavy drizzle on the stagger to the station.

That twat Dyson was advertising his ridiculous vac at me just now.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 September 2018, 18:47.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

That twat Dyson was advertising his ridiculous vac at me just now.
                    he hasn't built a sphere yet, then?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      he hasn't built a sphere yet, then?
                      Feck me, now there's a frightening concept.

A bit like the Sinkhole programme I'm watching on 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X