• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In with the hoi polloi.

It was picking with rain as I trudged down to town.

Still grey.

Stuck some towels in the wash before I left because they were rather unpleasant.

Upped the temp to 90 to see if it kills the bugs betterer.

Time, I think, to have a wander about before my dvt gets any worse.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 August 2018, 09:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rather grey here too.

Also, a good dose of <---

33 days left...

Comment

200 "working" days left.

What a remarkably round number.

How satisfying.

Not that I'm counting or anything.

Actually it's 185ish since I'm on my hols at the moment

Just ate a piece of bread, which was quite nice until the last bite which had an overwhelming taste of blue mould.

This bodes well for the jackdaws since it's a full loaf and that was the 2nd slice.

Ho very hum.

One of today's acquisitions was "Shane".

One of the films dubbed Yng Nghymraeg back in the day, where the immortal words "Shumai Shane" were uttered to much mirth.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 August 2018, 11:42.

Comment

Last night's offering was pressure cooker casserole made with mystery meat (BBE: unknown) from the freezer. It turned out to be steak and kidney mix and was quite acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Last night's offering was pressure cooker casserole made with mystery meat (BBE: unknown) from the freezer. It turned out to be steak and kidney mix and was quite acceptable.
            Always a plus.

I still remember the "chilli con carne" that, when defrosted, turned out to goulash without so much meat in it.

In fact, without any meat at all.

I made it into something vaguely edible in the end.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

The Trafford Centre domes have just been obscured from view - it's absolutely persisting down in west Manchestershire at the moment.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  The Trafford Centre domes have just been obscured from view - it's absolutely persisting down in west Manchestershire at the moment.
                  There's your silver lining then

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Cannot see the domes from this side of the building....

though I can see the Emptihad.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Stuck some towels in the wash before I left because they were rather unpleasant.

Upped the temp to 90 to see if it kills the bugs betterer.

Time, I think, to have a wander about before my dvt gets any worse.
                      Remember the advice from SueEllen a couple of years ago:

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Quick cycle is only 30 deg C in my machine, which isn't hot enough to kill the bugs.

The cotton cycle is 60 which seems to kill most things since the towels don't pong at all.

The shirts cycle also seems fairly effective, I think it does 50, and then has a steam cycle.
                      You are suppose to out oxy stuff in with underwear, sports wear and other fabrics where you can't run the wash on 60 degrees to kill the bugs.
                      I tend to use the Oxy stuff on things like a towel wash at 60°C, just because. But it seems to help as even my 40°C washes don't tend to get smelly unless I forget about them and leave them in overnight

Comment

Working...
                      X