• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worry not, the Celtic fringe will support your oppos.

Whoever they might be.

Problem*:

A man walks from Rugby to London.

Each day he walks 1 mile less than the day before.

Walking to London takes 4 days.

Walking back to Rugby takes 5 days.

How far apart are the two places?

*1888 maths exam problem.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2018, 10:50.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I've not got carried away so far but if we win on Wednesday, I'll be getting excited for weekend.
      At least have a bit of charitable thought and let those who have less enjoy the moment.
      As far as I'm aware, my complete indifference to the whole affair shouldn't detract from anybody else's enjoyment of the proceedings. If they're busy watching the game, I doubt they'll even notice me going to the shops

Comment

Drain Drama at the Doctor's

Not sure what, but there's a couple of guys in the doctor's back yard who've taken the drain cover up and are now digging a small trench leading away from it in the concrete.

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch. Very nice, it was

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I don't really do jingoism. Or sport
            I think you do Greggs?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              I think you do Greggs?
              Absolutely!

I was just looking at a map of the local retail park to find a shop whence I'm supposed to get someone a birthday present, and my first thought was "I wonder if it's up by the Greggs?" Turns out it's at the opposite end, though

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                I don't really do jingoism. Or sport
                I think you do Greggs?
                Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  All this talk of Greggs is reminding me that I have both steak and chicken bakes in the freezer…

Comment

So we are in a restaurant on Paris near a sports bar which is showing the football 4 seconds behind the screens here.

It’s a mite disconcerting as they shout / groan after we see what’s happened

Comment

Fish & chips for tea

The chippy was the quietest I've ever seen it in the couple of months I've been going there, in that I was the only customer and the girl was out from behind the counter doing odd jobs around the shop when I arrived. People must have been at home watching something popular on the box; maybe The Sound of Music or Battleship Potemkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X