• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this rate I may have to drag the aircon out of the garage, assuming I can determine which particular pile of crap it's buried under.

Then again, it's mostly a waste of power.

And thankfully the temperature is now a balmy 27.9 deg. C.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Back from the dentist

<snip>

And once the root canals are finally done, he can get started on whatever it was he was supposed to be starting on today

Stone me.

Sounds like my leaving the nerve die on its own before having it attended to might have been a goodish idea.

Must remember that in the unlikely event that it's on time, the 16:55 is retimed to 16:52 this week.

Only just managed to catch it yesterday.

Noticed last evening that there's a nice empty skip kindly provided by the builders next door.

I'm sure I can lend a hand filling it up a bit, like.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 June 2018, 14:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Noticed last evening that there's a nice empty skip kindly provided by the builders next door.
      What a beautiful sight. You lucky beggar.

Comment

Just located "Mill Court", "Philip Court", and "Chapel Court" on the 1951 1:1250 OS map of Neath.

Dear me it was a salubrious place back in the day.

Some oik from Mill court shop some unfortunate woman through the thigh whilst attempting to off a seagull.

The seagull was ok.

Comment

Just located "Mill Court", "Philip Court", and "Chapel Court" on the 1951 1:1250 OS map of Neath.

Dear me it was a salubrious place back in the day.

Some oik from Mill court shop some unfortunate woman through the thigh whilst attempting to off a seagull.

The seagull was ok.
          I take it the castle is still there: Explore georeferenced maps - Map images - National Library of Scotland

Comment

It is.

And it's surrounded by scaffolding again, despite £300k being spent on it 20 years ago.

It's the little trees that do the damage.

Mill Court, Philip Court and Chapel court are were within 100 yards or so of the castle.

All demolished starting in the 30s and finally all that remains is Morrisons carpark.

Hope the tooth is behaving.

I'll have nightmares about that now.

One was about to watch "McLintock" with Duke Wayne but the transfer looked appalling and someone started singing over the titles so I ditched that and watched "The Lady Killers" with Alec Guinness and Peter Sellers instead.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048281/

It was quite funny in parts.

I see that I have the 2004 remake too, so that'll be watched shortly.

I also discovered the inevitable 2nd copy of "Black Company" in the pile.

However there are no less than 3 copies of "She wore a yellow ribbon" in a different pile.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 June 2018, 21:27.

Comment

Hope the tooth is behaving.

I'll have nightmares about that now.
              Bit sore, but I daresay it'll settle down in a bit

Comment

It's the time of year when the evening sun shines directly into the kitchen. As a result, the sheet and duvet cover that I spread out on the clothes horse in there about three hours ago have already dried completely

Comment

Bit sore, but I daresay it'll settle down in a bit
                  Ribs and chips should soon fix that

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    Ribs and chips should soon fix that
                    Bit too much chewing required, sadly

Though maybe it needs the exercise?

Comment

Bit too much chewing required, sadly

Though maybe it needs the exercise?
                      use it or lose it? , nah, perhaps soup for a few days then

Comment

Working...
                      X