• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another Shelf put up in the "laundry room".

This one was originally in the Strangelove parents' house and got snaffled by me when the building oiks destroyed the kitchen.

This evening's entertainment was ep 10 of "Deep State", being the last ep.

Unless it gets S2 of course.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's flickering screen phenomena commenced with a further episode of Bron/Broen: S01:E06, to be precise.

After that: Heat (1995), which I've had kicking about for ages but kept putting off because it's just short of three hours long. Two hours and fifty minutes in fact, but you can knock about ten minutes off for credits, and it turns out to be two hours and forty minutes well spent: good heist movie, good character movie. Highly recommended.

And as thunder and lightning was just arriving and I like staying up for them, I then gave some time to an American show called The Blacklist that I picked up when it was on a three-seasons-for-a-few-bob deal on iTunes a while back.

Oh dear; oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Oh dear.

It's on roughly the same level as Quantico and The Mob Doctor in many respects, and that is not a good level to be on. However, it's also more entertaining and actionful (is that a word? no, but **** the red underline, it is now) in many respects, so I may carry on watching it when I'm in the mood for such utter hokum, which is more than I've done with those others

Goodnight all

Comment

A brief stroll about the estate whilst waiting for the rain to commence.

The ongoing building oiks seem to have been busy in the Strangelove parents' house.

All sorts of stuff seems to have been installed, including a new boiler in what used to be the airing cupboard.

<checks for balanced flue presnence>

No balanced flue.

I wonder wtf that means then.

It's on the Wrong Wall to use the chimney.

Otherwise it's a Sunday morning cleaning frenzy.

Followed by Sunday lunch.

This week, for a nice change, I'm having Roast Lamb.

I have ensured that it's roast lamb by fecking well buying some more yesterday following last week and the week before resulting in disappointment.

<memo to self: get rid of that stuff that's festering in the fridge since a) it's not lamb and b) it's fecking horrible.>

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Patchy cloud out, but rather warm. Thunderstorms are promised for later

Comment

The roast lamb was Very Nice.

It was all the nicer for being actually lamb, and actually roasted.

The gravy was a proper colour too.

Comment

Last sandwich of the roast beef for lunch

Comment

Our thunderstorm was cancelled, but now the lightning app is telling me of strikes about ten miles away! Fingers crossed

Comment

Bit of thunder, but the storm seems to have passed a few miles to the southeast. The good bad weather keeps missing us like that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Our thunderstorm was cancelled, but now the lightning app is telling me of strikes about ten miles away! Fingers crossed
                    Had serious son et lumiere here last night, - signs of cumulonimbus build up again, so - maybe

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Had serious son et lumiere here last night, - signs of cumulonimbus build up again, so - maybe
                      The lightning here last night was excellent too!

Comment

Working...
                      X