• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol station lunch day

Very grey, wet, chilly, and generally miserable out there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Very grey, wet, chilly, and generally miserable out there

My car needs a wash but it keeps raining.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a run back; grey at that end, nice and sunny at this

Four more days…

Comment

VAT return done, payment made. It's all fun and games round here

Comment

Sun shining here, the various Leinster GAA flags straining their halyards in the stiffening breeze as I contemplate shutting down and heading for dinner.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just bought The World at War for the third time. First was DVD; then the restored version on DVD which, however, was zoomed to fit widescreen tellys and therefore cropped at top and bottom; and now another restoration, this time on Blu-ray, uncropped in the original aspect ratio.

Eventually my flat will be completely filled with ever-improved versions of The World at War except for a small void in which my mummified remains will be found, crushed beneath them.

Comment

in the studio today, chucking it down as we entered.
                2 hours later, on a fag break (for the smokers) clear blue and sunny.
                1 hour after that, on leaving, the heavens opened up, just as we were passing a local hostelry.
                destiny took it's inevitable course

Comment

Chicken and lentil soup for tea, with the last crusts of brown bread (toasted) and a thick end crust of sesame bloomer (not)

Apparently that soup went in the freezer on the 24th of February. Only ten weeks ago, but it seems like an age

Comment

Somebody was tapping at the front door, which I decided to ignore. Then they rang my bell, so I reluctantly went down.

It was a pizza bloke with a pizza for the house two doors up

Which is how I now know that it's quite a chilly evening out there

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out there

Frost on the stable roof though, so the car might need scraping like it did on Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X