• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knackered.

Comment

Chicken and lentil soup for dinner, with toasted multigrain brown bread

And I popped along to the Amazon Locker for some bits, including a birthday present I forgot to take with me today

Luckily the birthday isn't until later in the week so I can get it in the post instead

Comment

It's been raining so much here tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if the pavement outside the evangelical church up the road is blocked by a hastily-constructed ark

Tonight's laugh-a-minute entertainment opened with part two of the early Wallander adaptation Brandvägg (TV Mini-Series 2006) (spoiler alert still applies to the IMDb page). After that, another episode of Modus, where the theme of hate crime against minorities is developing nicely, though the autistic daughter who witnessed one of the first killings seems to have dropped out of view for the moment after appearing to be key to the plot. And then episode 2 of S2 of Jordskott, which is starting out so weird that it'll be interesting to see if it manages to repeat the getting-weirder-by-the-minute bravura of S1. So far, it's putting up a pretty good show of doing so

And after that, a couple more episodes of The Good Place, mainly addressing Kant's concept of the Categorical Imperative as explained in his Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals. This was the primary text in our metaethics course at university, so it was fun to revisit some of its teachings in the context of a sitcom about the afterlife

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

The snow is back. Nobody seems to be bothering to turn out today, given the absence of tyre marks down the road.

Comment

Morning all wet dog walk this morning, but at least last night’s TG put a smile on my face.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

The rain's having a rest for the moment, but it's still unremittingly grey out there

Comment

Right, the snow has turned to rain so i'm venturing out to the land of the pissy old ladies to try and make something of this otherwise pointless waste of a day's billing

Comment

Links are up, so you can finally stop trying to make small talk with your family

Comment

Bacon rolls for lunch, because *raises baton, choir sings in perfect harmony* 🎵 That bacon needs to be eaten ♪

Comment

After a bit of mucking about, I've got my local runs of my Chef cookbooks retrieving encrypted values from AWS Parameter Store without having to stick my AWS secret keys in a file that goes into a Git repository

Sounds like it should be easy enough, and in the end it was. It's finding and deciphering the disparate bits of documentation needed to get it working that's the tricky bit
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 2 April 2018, 17:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X