• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Any cheese?

OK, this won't be perfect, but it will be a start...
    Cook the bacon in a frying pan until it is crisp then remove it.
    Using the same pan with a bit of butter in it, crack 2-3 eggs into it as if you were frying them. Get a wooden spoon and stir the whites, taking care not to break the yolks. Once the whites are well enough cooked, take the pan off the heat and break the yolks, mixing everything up nicely. If you had cream you'd add it now. Without cream, either add a small splash of milk and a knob of butter, or a good sprinkling of cheese.

Pour that onto a plate, stick the crispy bacon on top, and Robert is married to your Aunt.
    Just realised this was my 12,000th post.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's a shame the others weren't as good.

Comment

And what a way to do it!

Comment

Lunch is a repeat of Tuesday: roast pork, wholemeal, crisps

Comment

Conversation this morning:

“How’s it going?”

“OK, just sorting out x, y, and z to get m working.”

“I thought m was done, didn’t you do that yesterday?”

“…Umm, no, that was just changing a line of JavaScript to make the UI work the way you wanted. Now, to deal with that change on the server, I have to rewrite this method that parses the request data as its structure has changed as a result of that change, and once that’s done I’ll be able to start on the rest of the changes to the code that queries the database and returns the response.”

“Oh, I thought that was it. So it’s more complicated than I thought?”

Well yes, fundamental changes to the operation of a major component of the app do tend to be slightly more complicated than a single line of JavaScript toggling the state of a checkbox…

Comment

Home, and weekend!

The journey back was moderately rubbish, but no worse than it often is

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Lunch is a repeat of Tuesday: roast pork, wholemeal, crisps
                I forgot to eat the crisps

Comment

I've come to an important decision: I'm going to the chip shop for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I've come to an important decision: I'm going to the chip shop for dinner
                    Well, That Chip Shop Has To Be Visited , after all

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Well, That Chip Shop Has To Be Visited , after all
                      Absolutely!

Fish & chips, and a brisk one mile walk thrown in

I noticed the other day that there's a chip shop a few hundred yards away towards town. It's been there for years, yet for some reason I've never been in, and don't know anybody who has. I should give that one a go some time too, though it's a lot less exercise

Comment

Working...
                      X