• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning....

still on the give up smoking thing.....

Comment

Just been writing the labels for the second batch (10 jars) of orange & whisky marmalade that we made at the weekend.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Links are up, and I'm running late

See you later

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Links are up, and I'm running late

See you later
          Thank you!

Comment

Oh dear...

"Hey WTFH, you know you were chatting to me about your next car"
            Me: "yes, order in March, delivery in April/May"
            "Would you mind if it was a '67 plate, registered in February"
            Me: "not an issue to me"
            "It's just we might be able to get a better deal. There's one of them in the UK."

Comment

Home again

Had a very nice lunch, and general chitchat with the parents. We watched that World In Action programme about the Liverpool A&E department from 1975, as they remember the Royal Southern Hospital (my Mum hated the place).

And that led on eventually to us all gathered round my Dad's monitor (he prefers desktops to laptops) looking on StreetView at the house in Wales that he lived in when he was evacuated for a year or so during the war, and the walk to the village school (over a mile each way); and then around various bits of Woolton (my great grandmother lived down that road, and off to the right are steps up to the churchyard containing Eleanor Rigby's grave) and surrounding areas whence my Mum's family originated. I drove, as I'm better at StreetView than they are

Comment

Oh, and of course there was an IT issue to fix

To be precise, when my Dad went to a certain website in Firefox (his browser of choice) no, or hardly any, images loaded; whereas in Chrome, they did.

Digging around, it turned out the site does that thing of loading without images, then pulling them in via JavaScript; and the script was failing because the browser's localStorage for that site was corrupted. Cleared the site's localStorage, and it worked again

The site in question? Mail Online…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Oh, and of course there was an IT issue to fix

To be precise, when my Dad went to a certain website in Firefox (his browser of choice) no, or hardly any, images loaded; whereas in Chrome, they did.

Digging around, it turned out the site does that thing of loading without images, then pulling them in via JavaScript; and the script was failing because the browser's localStorage for that site was corrupted. Cleared the site's localStorage, and it worked again

The site in question? Mail Online…

there ye go

Comment

It appears that permission has been granted for the procurement of a new vehicular transportation device.

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      It appears that permission has been granted for the procurement of a new vehicular transportation device.

TFBSZ
                      Much zooming!

Comment

Working...
                      X