• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's turning into a moderately pleasant-looking afternoon out there now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's turning into a moderately pleasant-looking afternoon out there now
      Why not go for a walk?

I should go for a walk really......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Why not go for a walk?

Might just do that myself. No meetings for half an hour, take The Dog (tw) out.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Why not go for a walk?

I did

My brother, bless him, still resolves the thorny question of Christmas presents by handing out cheques, so I had one to pay in. There's a branch of my bank up the road near town, so I wandered up there, also taking advantage of the visit to correct the wrong postcode they've had on my address for nearly fifteen years.

And then, having a Waterstones gift voucher to use up, I carried on past Richard III's gaff and into the centre of town to browse amongst the books.

Then homeward, through the polytechnic and along the river on the old Great Central Railway, and so home. A grand total of 3.7 miles in around an hour and ten minutes, including dallying at the bank and the bookshop, which is the furthest I've walked in quite some time

Comment

I did

My brother, bless him, still resolves the thorny question of Christmas presents by handing out cheques, so I had one to pay in. There's a branch of my bank up the road near town, so I wandered up there, also taking advantage of the visit to correct the wrong postcode they've had on my address for nearly fifteen years.

And then, having a Waterstones gift voucher to use up, I carried on past Richard III's gaff and into the centre of town to browse amongst the books.

Then homeward, through the polytechnic and along the river on the old Great Central Railway, and so home. A grand total of 3.7 miles in around an hour and ten minutes, including dallying at the bank and the bookshop, which is the furthest I've walked in quite some time

I received a cheque over Christmas for the kids. I hope cheques die out soon!

I also took a walk. And felt very unwell.

I went round Brick Lane/Shoreditch. There were alot of "grafitti" artists out doing "tagging". At least that is what it was called when I was younger.

A tag that appeared a few times was "NATHASHERPES". Which CUK poster did that?

Comment

Neatly time for me to Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Dog walked. Blue skies and chilly out.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just ordered my Mum's birthday present from Amazon, for delivery direct to her

I've still got her Christmas present sitting here, as I forgot to grab it off the shelf when hastily packing during my brief visit here to grab clothes and stuff on the way from hospital to convalescence

Comment

Just ordered my Mum's birthday present from Amazon, for delivery direct to her

I've still got her Christmas present sitting here, as I forgot to grab it off the shelf when hastily packing during my brief visit here to grab clothes and stuff on the way from hospital to convalescence
                    My old sensai said the only 2 excuses were open heart surgery or pregnancy.

So when is it due?

Comment

Got a letter to my limited from some job centre fraud office. They mentioned benefits. Regarding Mrs BP. They want a LONG form filled in.

There was some confusion over child tax credits. Mrs BP will call tomorrow to get the SP.

If they really want the form filled in, it says in bold that the form has to be filled in. It also says in bold that I do not have to provide information that might incriminate me or my spouse. As there are 2 shareholders(composed of 1 director and 1 employee who are married) it seems I do not have to provide anything.

Anyway, I asked Mrs BP to make up her own job title. You can guess the suggestions!

Mrs BP did whine about filling in the form. I pointed out she had to do something for her salary apart from washing my socks. I might wear a suit of armour when I next visit......

Comment

Working...
                      X