• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

WFH today. Very busy with an obscure prod issue.
    ahh, you can get tablets for that

Comment

Watching Eddie the Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Watching Eddie the Eagle
        Has he landed?

Comment

Tonight’s tea has been gammon steaks, grilled, with pineapple and chips; and very nice too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight’s tea has been gammon steaks, grilled, with pineapple and chips; and very nice too
            wot? - no egg?

Comment

The whole question of getting home after Christmas is becoming rather complicated. The surgeons made it clear that I’ll be fine to look after myself then, so in theory, home I go.

But now my mother is quite ill with something, or more accurately a combination of things that leaves no clear path for treatment in the short term. She needs to avoid stress, but she’ll fret about me being home on my own, and if she remains ill next week, it might be a bit too much to lay on her.

On the other hand, I find it stressful if I’m not home, and I’ve just had major heart surgery and shouldn’t be doing that to myself either.

So finding some way of minimising the stress for both parties is clearly what’s needed. Hopefully we can sort something out. I’d rather be home right now in the first place; just my luck it’s Christmas

Comment

The whole question of getting home after Christmas is becoming rather complicated. The surgeons made it clear that I’ll be fine to look after myself then, so in theory, home I go.

But now my mother is quite ill with something, or more accurately a combination of things that leaves no clear path for treatment in the short term. She needs to avoid stress, but she’ll fret about me being home on my own, and if she remains ill next week, it might be a bit too much to lay on her.

On the other hand, I find it stressful if I’m not home, and I’ve just had major heart surgery and shouldn’t be doing that to myself either.

So finding some way of minimising the stress for both parties is clearly what’s needed. Hopefully we can sort something out. I’d rather be home right now in the first place; just my luck it’s Christmas
                you have to look after yourself, until you're fit enough to look after others.
                otherwise, everybody loses
                difficult one ,old son, - hang in there

Comment

Your mum is not the only one. We don't trust you home alone either!

Its a tough one. Can you go home and facetime her every few hours? Actually facetime is too much for oldies - phone? Telegram? Carrier pigeon?

Comment

You gotta do what's right for you. I don't really think you want to be home, alone, at Christmas, so stick it out till Wednesday, and hopefully you'll have a better idea of what's up with mum. A daily phone call assuring fineness will substitute for presence, especially if she's not well enough to actually look after you.

Comment

you have a few quid, get her a home help until you are firing on all cylinders.

Tell her you are doing it because you love her and you want to have the best.

Face time her etc so you are keeping in contact.

Put feet up & do the important stuff (Monday links)

you & her get well soon! (very important stuff).
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X