• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Will do. I might even pop in sometime. I occasionally pop into see a friend who lives by J12 of the M56. He is chairman of NTRT/TAA.

Baby bp likes to go to Ramp1 in Warrington most weekends....
    Interesting... I would say you should stop off for a pint but....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Ah ha....

But i do use the film reel at the top that just puts the url in the .. you need to add the video-youtube;xxxxxxxxxx bit in front of it.

Is that due to my browser? or just a thing?

anyway got it now.
      The problem is that things like YouTube and Vimeo are now all-https:// at the start of their URLs, but the forum's code is a bit too old to cope with that. The trick is to remove the s from https:// when you paste the URL into the box that pops up when you use the film reel, or if you do it manually, change:

Code:
      [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLhld_PI2zg[/video]
      to
      Code:
      [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLhld_PI2zg[/video]
      and it should sort itself out:

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Ah ha....

But i do use the film reel at the top that just puts the url in the .. you need to add the video-youtube;xxxxxxxxxx bit in front of it.

Is that due to my browser? or just a thing?

anyway got it now.
        Remove the s from HTTPS when you are embedding videos and it works.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Find one that's been done properly, quote it, study how it was done
          Now....

There's a true IT professional
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            All good so far, still trying to escape the hell hole of a place I'm at.

Im ready for the break - if you call catering for 13-20 people a break

Booze all ordered and is resting in a garage.

Presents still boxed up in spare room for children and mrs 5*

Food to be bought tonight and tomorrow

Treats for pooch will be bought tomorrow

Safe journey back
            Good luck getting food - I think the managers of large supermarkets are feckwit. Loads of stuff was out of stock.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So i'll very shortly be drawing a veil over another professional working day year. 232 PWD's crammed in which is, rather distressingly, the exact number of days an annual railway season ticket cost is calculated upon (464 journeys). Seems a lot to me.
              Now....

There's a true IT professional

Ladeeeez and Gentleman, I think we have a Winnnnnah

Sorry, I should have added, the pic is actually of one of the early COBOL contractors, receiving his daily rate.
              Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 20 December 2017, 17:46.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

FTFY

Find one that's been done properly, quote a price, study how it was done and bill the feckin barstewards for the extra services
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The problem is that things like YouTube and Vimeo are now all-https:// at the start of their URLs
                  Funny coincidence. I was trying, but failing, to post a youtube video in the "Currently Listening To" thread about half hour ago. Cheers (again) NF!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Funny coincidence. I was trying, but failing, to post a youtube video in the "Currently Listening To" thread about half hour ago. Cheers (again) NF!
                    yes, good old NF, - he's all heart

Comment

Tea tonight has been a home made ragu, served with, in my case, a small amount of pasta, and a goodly amount of chips

And, wonder of wonders: I had a glass of red wine with it; not all of the bottle having gone into the sauce

This is the first booze of any kind I've had since before I was admitted to hospital, and came as a very welcome change from having to remain completely sober while I was in there

Comment

Working...
                      X