• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Over the last few days I've started having what appear to be quite bad asthma attacks as a result of going outside and breathing the cold air. Never had asthma in my life. This is most disconcerting
    merde! - sorry to hear that, hope it can be sorted quickly

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      yeh, you can't get mutton anymore, - no-one eats it, so no-one sells it. shame
      People will eat it if someone sells it.

Just need a telly cook to use it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This morning before exercise I hurt, during exercise I hurt and after exercise I hurt. So I went back to bed for a few hours. I then woke up and did some house work.

I discovered another load of clothes that I need to take to the dump for recycling so I will do that at some point.

Now off to have an Indian with wine.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Don't bother with supermarkets, try your local butcher.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

just cook it long and slow, - it's got more flavour than lamb

This morning before exercise I hurt, during exercise I hurt and after exercise I hurt. So I went back to bed for a few hours. I then woke up and did some house work.

I discovered another load of clothes that I need to take to the dump for recycling so I will do that at some point.

Now off to have an Indian with wine.
            what's his/her name ?

Comment

I've made an appointment with the doc, but it's not until next Friday morning
              Are you otherwise well? If not, get an emergency appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Don't bother with supermarkets, try your local butcher.
                WDBS

I have an unidentified lump of lamb defrosting from the farmer who supplied it (unmarked). He'll be doing mutton in the springtime apparently, so i'll have some of that. The butcher is the place for mutton, i reckon, or the market. Hugh F-W is a fan, his rather excellent book 'meat' tells you all about it (and hogget), it's my bible on such matters. The front cover on that link shows a full forerib of beef, which I did for family on completion of my last kitchen project. It was awesome

My recent wanderings in leeds market have revealed many wonderful little seen offerings; pigs heads, tripe, trotters, offal of every description. It's ace, they even have whole salmon for less than £20 - i'm gonna get one of those one day, it's just the train ride home that's the issue there

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Are you otherwise well? If not, get an emergency appointment.
                  Generally OK, though since posting earlier I've noticed a slightly weird feeling about my lungs - as if they've been slightly reduced in capacity. I'm now wondering if I might have a bronchial infection or something like that

Anyway I've had a bowl of scouse, which is well known to have healing powers, and I'm taking it easy in the hope it sorts itself out. If it deteriorates, I'll call NHS Direct and see what they suggest; there is a walk-in place available seven days a week, but it's right across the city and only open 8am - 8pm

Comment

Generally OK, though since posting earlier I've noticed a slightly weird feeling about my lungs - as if they've been slightly reduced in capacity. I'm now wondering if I might have a bronchial infection or something like that

Anyway I've had a bowl of scouse, which is well known to have healing powers, and I'm taking it easy in the hope it sorts itself out. If it deteriorates, I'll call NHS Direct and see what they suggest; there is a walk-in place available seven days a week, but it's right across the city and only open 8am - 8pm
                    Walk in. Via taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Walk in. Via taxi.
                      I can drive OK, so no need for a taxi

I'll see how I feel tomorrow. The most important thing is to be OK for the Xmas bash on Friday

Comment

Working...
                      X