• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Morning all
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Morning <just>

Comment

Afternoon all.
      Desk almost complete, it’s sanded and just needs varnishing.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, with recent rain too; but slightly warmer

Comment

A further experiment in the manufacture of Scotch broth is now underway with the assistance of the slow cooker

Comment

Over the last few days I've started having what appear to be quite bad asthma attacks as a result of going outside and breathing the cold air. Never had asthma in my life. This is most disconcerting

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Over the last few days I've started having what appear to be quite bad asthma attacks as a result of going outside and breathing the cold air. Never had asthma in my life. This is most disconcerting
              You could just stay in and have your chinese and beer delivered (I recently discovered that our chinese takeaway proprietor is happy to pop next door to Tesco and include a packet of fags with a delivery!), or maybe you should go and see your friendly GP.

Comment

A further experiment in the manufacture of Scotch broth is now underway with the assistance of the slow cooker
                i hope you have mutton neck in it.
                it was wednesday's dinner when i was growing up

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  You could just stay in and have your chinese and beer delivered (I recently discovered that our chinese takeaway proprietor is happy to pop next door to Tesco and include a packet of fags with a delivery!), or maybe you should go and see your friendly GP.
                  I've made an appointment with the doc, but it's not until next Friday morning

I'll have to see if I can cope with the walk to the Chinese… it's maybe about as far as the dentist, which I managed yesterday, but it triggered severe discomfort both ways. Or I could drive there, despite it being two minutes walk away.

Delivery takes too long; I don't even phone ahead or order online because you just end up in the queue, whereas walking in and ordering gets you dealt with immediately - more than once, I've been home with the food just ten minutes after setting out

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    i hope you have mutton neck in it.
                    it was wednesday's dinner when i was growing up
                    Breast of lamb; sadly, Sainsbury's only had boneless, so it's not perfect but it'll have to do

Comment

Breast of lamb; sadly, Sainsbury's only had boneless, so it's not perfect but it'll have to do
                      yeh, you can't get mutton anymore, - no-one eats it, so no-one sells it. shame

Comment

Working...
                      X