• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS Amazon have an Christmas ad
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      TFBSZ
      SZISUL

Comment

And back again

Caught up with a few people, including some I hadn't seen in a long time.

If you use Firefox, you'll be pleased to know that a possible showstopper for this coming Tuesday's major upgrade has been cunningly resolved, so you should be getting a shiny new browser as promised

Interestingly, the potential delay (which I don't think was ever announced publicly) was all down to a problem that originally arose as a consequence of antivirus software on Windows being a dick. Upon further investigation they established that although antivirus software on Windows is, in fact, a dick, it had also drawn their attention to a way of maintaining security in the face of antivirus software on Windows being a dick that hadn't been properly understood by the current team. It sounded to me like one of those scenarios where the institutional memory of why a certain thing was done a certain way had been lost, so the new upgrade process simplified it in a way that is potentially risky when antivirus software on Windows is being a dick.

Anyway, their extensive user testing exposed it, they realised why a certain thing that seemed unnecessary in the HTTPS traffic that establishes the authenticity of the upgrade was in fact necessary (it's because of antivirus software on Windows being a dick), and it's all sorted out now. So, on Tuesday, your browser upgrade to the latest and greatest version of Firefox should go smoothly, even if your antivirus software on Windows is being a dick

Goodnight all

Comment

I thought the sounds that just started up next door were people coming in, but now it sounds like they're trying to move a corpse, and a heavy one at that

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            FFS Amazon have an Christmas ad
            is it starring a flatulent monster?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              is it starring a flatulent monster?
              and no I don't mean NLyUK on the Newkie brown.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I thought the sounds that just started up next door were people coming in, but now it sounds like they're trying to move a corpse, and a heavy one at that
                Now they're playing annoying music. They must have it pretty loud, as it's the first time I've heard music or telly from an adjoining room here.

And one of them just went out and seems to be roaming around the hallway outside. FFS people

I'm going to sleep. They may think they can break me, but I normally sleep in a room overlooking a road that's been busy with Roman legions and all sorts of other traffic for nearly two thousand years (if not longer) and it's never kept me awake yet. These are rank amateurs

Once again, goodnight all

Comment

Nearly exercise time
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Nearly exercise time

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy, windswept day out there, as befits an English seaside resort at the weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X