• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Ham sandwiches followed by chocolate pudding.

I need to deal with some idiots but I think I will put it off until Monday.
    old chinese proverb
    'never do today, what you can put off until Monday'

Comment

Tipping and shopping done

I went to the local council tip first, where I got rid of a couple of large appliance boxes that had just been cluttering the place for a couple of years or more. Then I drove over to the quieter corner where the clothes banks are located.

I knew that ones run in collaboration with Oxfam take any old rag, as they recycle what they can't resell. However, these ones turned out to be operated by the Salvation Army. Furthermore, they had a rather prissy notice on there about only wanting quality clothes in good condition, or some such nonsense.

Unfortunately, by the time I noticed this I'd already disposed of two bags, which as it happened also contained the worst of the stuff I was throwing away. Guess the Sally Army will have to get off their high horse and learn how to recycle stuff into rags now

I left with the other bags, containing mainly clothes in quite good nick that are merely surplus to requirements, taking them with me to Sainsbury's to put them in the Oxfam clothes bank at the back of the car park there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I knew that ones run in collaboration with Oxfam take any old rag, as they recycle what they can't resell. However, these ones turned out to be operated by the Salvation Army. Furthermore, they had a rather prissy notice on there about only wanting quality clothes in good condition, or some such nonsense.

Unfortunately, by the time I noticed this I'd already disposed of two bags
        , which as it happened also contained the worst of the stuff I was throwing away. Guess the Sally Army will have to get off their high horse and learn how to recycle stuff into rags now

I left with the other bags, containing mainly clothes in quite good nick that are merely surplus to requirements, taking them with me to Sainsbury's to put them in the Oxfam clothes bank at the back of the car park there
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Don't understand need to recycle clothes. Apart from a few posh things I wear for funerals, they just drop down the leagues
          1 going out social-->2 shopping->3 round house->4 gardening->5 DIY/decorating->6 dump
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Don't understand need to recycle clothes. Apart from a few posh things I wear for funerals, they just drop down the leagues
            1 going out social-->2 shopping->3 round house->4 gardening->5 DIY/decorating->6 dump
            Some clothes go out of fashion even if they weren't particularly fashionable in the first place.

Comment

You've lost me. Fashion? What's that?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

These are clothes that are either only fit for the dump, or don't fit me any more. Even though I've managed to lose a stone so far this year, it still seems unlikely that I'll get into my 32" waist jeans any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  You've lost me. Fashion? What's that?
                  It's what you call it when stores all change the cut of trousers at the same time.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been M&S pork ribeye steaks, with homemade potato wedges, peas, and gravy. It was really quite exceptionally nice

Comment

i went out for a quiet drink.
                      got blootered.
                      had a great time.
                      first in ages.

Comment

Working...
                      X