• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just demolished a pork pie I got on my travels. This meeting is fecking boring.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've been perusing the T&C's of national rail. In the case of a lost card I need to go to the original booking office I bought it, but they'll kindly refund me the cost of getting there. Might go via a day out somewhere

Also this little gem;

31. Travelling in standard class accommodation with a first class Ticket
      31.1 If you have a first class Ticket and the train service you use is shown as
      offering first class accommodation at National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables, but when you
      travel first class accommodation is not provided or is otherwise fully
      occupied, you may claim a refund. The minimum refund to which you will
      be entitled will be the difference between the price of the first class Ticket
      purchased and the cheapest valid standard class fare available on the service
      you used.
      31.2 If you hold a first class Season Ticket, the minimum to which you will be
      entitled will be a refund of the difference between the first class and standard
      class fare for the journey concerned.

The cards really are stacked in favour of the first class ticket holder. Nice seats, tea and biscuits and if the oiks invade then a refund of the premium paid for the inconvenience. I'll have to ask them about that tonight because it happened last week when the guards were getting uppity about being replaced by a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Car started first time. Battery sounded flat. Went for a drive 70mph but need to do another one within the next 7 days. May go and visit clientCo in an office I have to drive to.
        Turn off the aircon/heating/heated seats/heated rear window, go for a drive, but stay in lower gears.
        You don’t need to do 70 in 7th gear, do 30 in 4th and it will have the same effect - just make sure the engine is staying revving above 2,500.

The other option is to get an AA solar charger:
        https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Solar-Po.../dp/B00AC1LLQY
        It’s a worthwhile option if your car is parked outside and not used all the time
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Spitting image of either.

I bow before my feline Master/Mistress.
          One of the local off-licences has a cat that sits and sleeps in the window who looks like that. Originally the cat didn't have a bed. I walked by at the weekend and the owners had put a bed in the window.

My neighbour's cat looks similar to that as well. He just stares at me then moves his head when he wants me to do things like get the neighbours to let him in, or to get out of my own fecking garden.

Comment

Fry-up for lunch

By great good fortune I ended up with the latter part of Countdown to watch whilst eating. Got the two numbers games I saw with ease, and also solved the conundrum within the time limit, which neither of the contestants did

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Fry-up for lunch

By great good fortune I ended up with the latter part of Countdown to watch whilst eating. Got the two numbers games I saw with ease, and also solved the conundrum within the time limit, which neither of the contestants did
              When are you going on?

You will have to ensure your hair is dyed fully grey though so you look old enough.

Comment

When are you going on?

You will have to ensure your hair is dyed fully grey though so you look old enough.
                No dye required

Comment

It was suppose to rain an hour ago.

Now it is going to rain as soon as I go out.

Comment

It was suppose to rain an hour ago.

Now it is going to rain as soon as I go out.
                    They pretend it's all "low pressure over Iceland" and there's nothing they can do about it, yet it gets rescheduled like this with suspicious regularity

Comment

Allegedly, there's been 200mm a.k.a. 8 inches of rain in the Lake District.

The third chunk of beef from Sunday has just been consumed.

It was very nice*.

The carrots were like bricks despite 20 mins of nuking.

The tedium of the afternoon was slightly relieved by a bit of electronicking with a 60kHz bandpass amplifier since I had a bit of a brainwave about my MSF receiver recently.

Instead of toroidal transformers I used a couple of ready made inductors out of the stores and resonated them with some capacitors, also out of the stores.

Twas inneresting to see how the coupling coefficient alters the pass band, just like wot it says in the literature, principally the 1937 version of Fred Terman's tome "Radio Engineering".

I'm quite sure that none of you are in the least innerested but it enlivened an otherwise tedious couple of hours.

*It was ok, but I thought it a bit tough. Maybe I'd cooked it too much again.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 11 October 2017, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X