• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Tired

Anyone got some spare enthusiasm?
    Lots! For doing housework. I will happily let you have it all....

Comment

Also I have a spare tire. Round my stomach.

I am 10kg down from my MF size. 15kg to go now.....

Comment

TFBSZ - well I was up at 4am....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What's happened to TPD?
          Wasn't me! I was busy at ClientCo

Comment

Tired

Anyone got some spare enthusiasm?
            I may have some next week, when I'm off

Comment

Dinner has been chicken curry, with rice and naan

Masala chicken, to be precise, and the last portion thereof. I'll have to decide which jar to use next

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I may have some next week, when I'm off
                I think what's exhausted me is meeting new ClientCo boss for first time and having to feign enthusiasm. Leave me alone to code in unenthusiastic peace and I'll be a lot more productive.

Comment

While driving today, I was thinking over all the stuff I'm planning to do with my time off

I'm pretty sure that the only things that will actually happen are stuff I'd do anyway like "take out the recycling" and "do the shopping"

Comment

I think what's exhausted me is meeting new ClientCo boss for first time and having to feign enthusiasm. Leave me alone to code in unenthusiastic peace and I'll be a lot more productive.
                    Yes! This, a thousand times

I was OK when I was at a desk that was kind of out on a limb, but since the other week's office reorganisation the four of us are sat in a row, and I'm not on the end. Being permies, they do things like having long conversations about their houses and cars and stuff, and I have to try to concentrate with all this chitchat flying back and forth past me. FFS, people!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Yes! This, a thousand times

I was OK when I was at a desk that was kind of out on a limb, but since the other week's office reorganisation the four of us are sat in a row, and I'm not on the end. Being permies, they do things like having long conversations about their houses and cars and stuff, and I have to try to concentrate with all this chitchat flying back and forth past me. FFS, people!
                      Earphones. Anti-nowhere league "I hate people" does it for me.

New gig is working from home which is good now that ms#5 is back at uni and ms#2 has gone into the office. Me and the cats had a very productive morning.

Lots of work to do which is good. Priorities changing hourly, not so good. Working with old colleague/friend who I both respect and love (platonically) which is great. No agent = big plus (for both me and them). Contract till mid Feb (my trip down under) but I think this could work out longer term. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X