• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full on murrain of beasts here, with added rainbows for good measure.

TFIF.

And that's the end of another depressing perusal Specifically In General.

I'll never learn.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 15 September 2017, 07:53.

Comment

Inch thick pile of survey results through from the solicitors re house purchase

There are some factual inaccuracies in there re a large building scheme, and a kids playground within the radius of their search. It's not like I don't know about them, but it makes me wonder about the other elements it's informing me of. It would have helped if they'd been printed in colour, since all the maps have a handy colour coded key which is rendered worthless now.

Things have certainly changed since I bought my first house. The neighbours there were putting up a large extension which didn't feature on any search. When I queried it with the solicitor she said it only covered things like motorways and nuclear power plants. The kind of thing you'd notice being built in a pennine village. This has got details of all planning apps (passed and rejected) back for the last 10 years

Also, in their request for funds, they've missed the additional stamp duty I need to pay on account of having >1 property. I wonder if Hector will notice if I don't fess up

Comment

Morning all Clear blue skies and sunny here.
        The Dog (no tw) woke up this morning and is unable to walk down stairs. Whatever is wrong with her is affecting her spine/pelvis. The Wife (tm) is going to take her to the vet again today.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Moved some boxes around, such that I can now put the fire on in the living room

I suspect there may be need of it this weekend

And I've deliberately put the boxes in a position where they'll be really annoying, in the hope that this persuades me to sort them out sooner rather than later but I'll probably just get annoyed with them and shove them out of the way again
          FTFY
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            The Dog (no tw) woke up this morning and is unable to walk down stairs. Whatever is wrong with her is affecting her spine/pelvis. The Wife (tm) is going to take her to the vet again today.
            for The Dog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              for The Dog
              WMSS +1
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Not cool. Hopefully they'll figure out what is wrong
                Last edited by FiveTimes; 15 September 2017, 09:21.

Comment

WTAS.

<- for poorly doggie.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Moved some boxes around, such that I can now put the fire on in the living room
                    If I want the gas fire in the "living room" serviced, I'll have to move 3 3 feet tall piles of dvds & blurays, plus another couple of piles on the hearth.

<Zeity in "where the feck did all this junk come from" mode>

What makes it worse is the remarkable number of duplicates I seem to have purchased.

Fortunately many of which cost a quid or even as much as 33p.

Some were astonishingly expensive at £1.99, such as last night's feature.

Comment

and i thought i had a nightmare of boxes to sort out.

Comment

Working...
                      X