• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all!

Grey and miserable out there today. Matches my mood heading into ClientCo again.

Head down, keep invoicing...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Breaking: all set up at a different desk, but now they're saying it's the wrong desk, and the network doesn't work. Still invoicing while they get their act together
      Wow - your office has windows?

I can vaguely see the outline of one on the other side of the office. On three sides I have data centre walls, on the other rank on rank of permie desks.

Comment

Still no network. Now sketching out an algorithm on paper

Comment

Someone senior is trying to send me a powerpoint deck but outlook is losing it on its way from him to me... It's getting annoying.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Someone senior is trying to send me a powerpoint deck but outlook is losing it on its way from him to me... It's getting annoying.
            Probably got a VBScript Trojan embedded in it

Comment

Probably got a VBScript Trojan embedded in it
              Wouldn't be so bad if the client hadn't created multiple different products that provide file sharing and version management options...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Wouldn't be so bad if the client hadn't created multiple different products that provide file sharing and version management options...
                Mine operates data centres. I'm currently idle because they can't get the office LAN wired up correctly

Comment

How very 1970s of you.

Comment

I can just about write now with a pen.

Virtually everything I do is on a phone or keyboard.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I tried using a keyboard when I was planing the door but it didn't work very well.

So I used a pencil instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X