• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    murky miserable monday, AND had to put the heating on for the first time.
    where's the thread about radiators again??
    Wish we could but the boiler is broken - new one being installed next Monday but that's next Monday.

Thankfully its September and not December....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

where's the thread about radiators again??
      Where are you?

North Scotland?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ours went on yesterday when everyone else was out. I thought about lighting the fire but it would have interfered with me cooking dinner as well (I have a tendency to forget it at times and then have to rescue it, which then means I have to rescue the dinner).
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Mrs eek's inability to use a computer is always entertaining. She's currently complaining over the phone that she can't buy a Morrisons delivery pass as she's got a page bookmarked so skips the home page with the stupidly large - buy a delivery pass here option....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Links are up

Autocomplete gave me the "Bank Holiday Deckchair" title from last week and I didn't realise until after I'd posted it, but I think I managed to fix it before anyone noticed

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              This evening's feature prior to the purgatory that is dialled in for tomorrow, was "Vertigo" with James Stewart and Kim Novak, dir. Alfred Hitchcock.

Vertigo (1958) - IMDb

I found it dragged a bit, and oddly, it just ended. Just like that. The End.

Not to be confused with the Sledge Hammer episode entitled "Vertical" which was a good deal shorter & funnier.
              "Sledge Hammer!" Vertical (TV Episode 1987) - IMDb

Comment

Hopefully that's the last indoctrination session I'm likely to attend.

And, best of all, it only lasted 2 hours.

Still on the verge of DVT though.

Comment

Roasted some chicken thighs, left them to cool a bit while I showered and shaved, then had a couple for lunch

I managed to get chicken fat all over the clean shirt I'd only been wearing for about five minutes

But this reminded me that I'd meant to put a load of t-shirts in the wash, so that's happening now

Comment

And Zeity has managed to print stuff out using the new Canon MFDs.

A minor miracle in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      And Zeity has managed to print stuff out using the new Canon MFDs.

A minor miracle in and of itself.
                      <shudder>

Soon you will become an expert on their internal workings.

Comment

Working...
                      X