• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    It's very echoey in here now.

I found a chair.

It's quite surreal in its way.

Cupboards full of china empty and forlorn.

Marks on the wallpaper where pictures once hung.

Ditto for places where plates once hung.

The front room carpet was chopped up & removed.

The dining room carpet is rolled up in a big ball in the outside bog.

Tis all change.

I'm quite sad that the grandfather clock had to go but there's nowhere to put it.

My grandmother's pictures went too which is even more upsetting but there you go.

ZeityTowers has been filled full of stuff, so much so that I had to move some of it so I could sit down & watch some telly.

The answering machine has a low battery and refuses to do anything until it's replaced.

This evening's first feature was "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962) with that Francis Sinatra geezer again. Whatever happened to him?

The Manchurian Candidate (1962) - IMDb

A somewhat better film than the 2004 remake, essentially without the X Files influence present in the latter.
    <- manly

Comment

And another sunny day dawns.

We don't get many around here so the weather must be borked again.

It's mists & mellow fruitfulness as of tomorrow.

Then on Monday the curly haired psycopath spouts his spiel at us telling us all how fecking clever the mother****er is.
      Very misty this morning for part of the journey - in fact there was thick fog for a couple of miles in the borderlands (the Leics-Northants borderlands, not the Northants-Cambs ones)

Lunch today is exactly the same as Tuesday, being the other half of the M&S chicken bits in another wholemeal bap

Comment

So there's the family bible going back to the mid 1800s gone.

And my list of nuisance telephone calls.

And ll the telephone directories.

And the address books belonging to ZeitMater.

And my list of telephone numbers for people I might have to fecking ring up.

None of which had my approval.

Really really fecking pissed off.

Comment

So there's the family bible going back to the mid 1800s gone.

And my list of nuisance telephone calls.

And ll the telephone directories.

And the address books belonging to ZeitMater.

And my list of telephone numbers for people I might have to fecking ring up.

None of which had my approval.

Really really fecking pissed off.

I feel for you zeity - that's pretty poor by anyone's standards.

Who do you think took them?

Comment

Hurrah!

Address books found in shoe box under something, under something, under something else.

I've got to buy a bigger house.

Originally posted by covbob View Post

I feel for you zeity - that's pretty poor by anyone's standards.

Who do you think took them?
            Cunningly hidden, mostly by me. See above.

Comment

There are some blooming loud South Africans in the lounge. May have to head to the other one after passport control now my mate has left to catch his flight..
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Trip to the shops. Full of idiot adults with children shopping like it's going out of fashion and clueless teenagers.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Not too bad a run back. There was torrential rain slowing the first few miles of the A14 down to a crawl, but once we were past that it was fine most of the way back, and it's a bright, sunny afternoon here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Trip to the shops. Full of idiot adults with children shopping like it's going out of fashion and clueless teenagers.
                    I've got £12.50 in Tesco vouchers that expire at midnight, so I'm going to have to venture up there in a bit

Still, free beer is what it amounts to, so I can probably manage the ten minutes or so it takes to walk there

Comment

Just had the remains of Sunday's roast beef.

It tasted of nothing.

I blame the unsalty new packet of salt.

I'm sitting in ZeitPater's dining room chair, which the house clearance lot have left behind for reasons that escape me.

Comment

Working...
                      X