• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep on YouTube.

Oh I call him Sir Bruce cos it took him 70 years to bloody get it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I dunno what they're detecting but it doesn't seem to be the cable I'm looking for.

Even the lw radio technique doesn't seem to work.

Baffled of Neath.
      I'm a great fan of these:

LAP MS8907 Voltage Detector Pen | Voltage Testers | Screwfix.com
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dinner was nice, as usual

Not sure what to watch tonight. I need to get an earlyish night, due to travelling in the morning

Comment

Tonight's first feature was 4 of the NZ motorway patrol things.

I can't get over the way the miscreants shake the officers' hands.

Followed by "Drowning Mona" with Bette Midler, Danny de Vito, Jamie Lee Curtis, et al. (2000).

Drowning Mona (2000) - IMDb

It was a black comedy which, oddly, was quite funny in parts. As is usual some of the best bits were in the deleted scenes.

It also starred a lot of Yugo motorcars for some odd reason never adequately explained.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 19 August 2017, 22:21.

Comment

I caught a bit of the NZ Customs programme earlier. I can see why people would try to get things like drugs and such through, but why on earth does somebody try to smuggle a single mango and a small container of honey of the kind you find among the jams at a hotel breakfast buffet?

And while I was eating dinner, I saw some of the NZ motorway thing too. They do seem remarkably laid back about getting busted, for the most part

Anyway, this evening's main feature was Thunderball - not the National Lottery game that nobody plays, but the film with a Vulcan bomber in it

Better get to sleep as I have to go places in the morning. Goodnight all

Comment

Another unsuccessful night's sleep.

No point in staying in bed, so I've got up & had breakfast.

Once I've found my religious jumper, I'll watch the remainder of the commentary on "Drowning Mona".

For some odd reason, the aspect ration on the dvd is 4:3, despite the film being widescreen.

It amazes me how much obscure tulipe I've managed to buy over the last year or so.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here

I'll need my sunglasses for the journey south, which will be commencing in half-an-hour or so

Comment

Blue out

Shopping to do
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Once I've found my religious jumper, I'll watch the remainder of the commentary on "Drowning Mona".
                    And thusly did I proceed, to be followed by the director's commentary on "Collateral".

It must be admitted that dozing & watching with one eye half open occupied a fair percentage of the time.

Yesterday's spag bol excess seems to be sticking with me, so Sunday lunch has been postponed until 18:00 or so.

I shall have a light lunch to make up for it, after I've done a bit of vaccing.

The prog on R4 at the moment is all about the Wapping strike, and best avoided.

Can't stand any of them, Kelvin McKenzie or the obnoxious union farts.

Oh, and it's grey and drizzly just like normal.

Where has my life gone? That film is now half a century old.

There's the Sunday afternoon shop done for another week.

And, in addition to the StandardSundayGreyness(tm), it's raining.

Oh, and there's a chap up a telegraph pole across the road doing something.

Hopefully it's not to my broadband.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 20 August 2017, 14:11.

Comment

Home, after a very pleasant lunch with the family

Roast lamb, I had, and very nice too

Coming back, Google Maps told me to get off the A14 as I was approaching junction 1, and brought me through the countryside around Husbands Bosworth to the M1 at junction 20. Turns out this was a good call, as there's a serious accident that had closed the road for a while and is still blocking one lane between that junction and the motorways. As it was, I got home at pretty much the time I was expecting to anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X