• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday

yay!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It's a bloody big hedghog if it did, or a very low wall.

More likely to be fox.
      It's a low wall & they're quite good at climbing stuff.

Certainly not a fox.

Anyway, off I go to buy some bread.

And something else.

Oh yes.

Baked beans.

Yum.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 11 August 2017, 10:34.

Comment

test please delete

Cat?
        Badger?
        Big bird?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shopping done!

Despite the plan to use as much as possible of the contents of the freezer, I couldn't resist getting a joint of beef for Sunday dinner

And it turned out the reason I thought I needed wholemeal cobs, despite vaguely remembering getting some last week, was that the remaining ones were hiding in the freezer under the white cobs

Still, that means I've now got enough to see me through a few more weeks

Comment

Oh, and British Maris Piper potatoes have now started appearing again, having been supplanted by Israeli ones during the new potato season. I was able to get a bag of Norfolk ones, which always make excellent chips - something for which the Israeli ones were, I'm afraid, of inferior quality

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Got to go to the doctor's this morning, because the stupid online prescription system automatically goes into "you require a medication review" mode every six months
              The receptionist ticked the box saying a review was requested, but I don't have to be there for it, though it'll take two or three days. Good job I always try to order the repeat prescription as far in advance as possible. I assume this "review" consists of the practice nurse going through a list of names on the computer ticking the "Yeah, whatever" box

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Is it NHS or private?
              NHS. At six prescribed items per month, which only cost just over £100 per annum for the lot with an NHS Prepayment Certificate, I doubt even a Rothschild would want the additional expense of going private

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Don't forget to get your timesheet approved.
              It's online - the bloke approved it at 9:14 this morning

Comment

Oh, and I got the new Viz

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Cat?
                  Badger?
                  Big bird?
                  FFS I know what hedgehog tulip looks like & that's what it was.

It wasn't a badger, a Roc, or anything else.

It was one of my local hedgehogs, of which there are quite a few.

I was grateful it shat on the wall and not in the usual place where I would probably have stood on it.

Which really gets the morning off to a good start.

On a happier note, today's dvds included "Goodfellas" (as recommended by NF), "Casablanca" (which used to get an exGF all moist), The Mr Rippley thing starring Matt Damon, and another Bogart film that I can't remember the title of.

"Beat the Devil". 1953.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046414/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_9

2nd pass of the washing is in progress.

Shirts.

I turned the steam thing off so it'll end a bit sooner than it normally does.

It's intended for those who iron stuff, which includes me out.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 11 August 2017, 12:49.

Comment

Sausages on finger rolls for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Oh, and I got the new Viz
                      Awesome - not read that in years!

Fish n chip day (with mushy peas n gravy) at canteen.

Comment

Working...
                      X