• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Chinese for dinner
    Very unsatisfying.

You eat one and then, half an hour later, you feel hungry again.

I think it's the noodles.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaroth of the Jagaroth View Post
      Speak for yourself. As the Countess Scarlioni will confirm, I'm "all man".
      You need the soup
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This evening's entertainment was slightly shorter than normal coz I forgot the NZ motorway thing was on & missed half an hour.

However the rest of it was made up with various NZ lunes doing silly things, various visiting lunes doing silly things and a really drunk lune totalling his father's Audi at about 100mph without killing himself or any of the things he hit.

Loved the lune attempting to tow a trailer with a hut on it down the motorway.

The cops blocked the motorway so he could drive the wrong way back to the nearest turn off coz the hut on the trailer was too tall for the overpasses.

And when the plod ask you to take a breath test, FFS just do it & don't offer to take out one of the plod on a dark night.

The two chinese hookers were interesting though.

The Commander (1988)

sounds like a dire film & the 30 seconds I watched confirmed my suspicions.

How far Lewis Collins and Lee Van Cleef had fallen.

Comment

I broke my Chevvy Captiva AWD a week ago so have been using a hire car. I now know that I am scared to drive a Nissan Micra and any other car of that ilk!

Went out yesterday and bought a Land Rover Freelander 2 2.2 Td4e XS. a proper car. Can't wait to pick it up on Thursday

Until then there is the Nissan Micra
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Tomorrow I may go shooting, or if the weather is nice I may drag the Harley out of the garage and take a ride to Brecon.

I'm bored now
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Tonight's cinematic experience opened with The Firm, based on one of John Grisham's attempts to make being a lawyer seem exciting. On the evidence of this film, it's only moderately exciting, very occasionally and under unusual circumstances

This was followed by Monster, which was excellent. It's a based-on-a-true-story film in which Charlize Theron plays the unfortunate Aileen Wuornos, who was executed in 2002 for killing a number of men. It's a very sad story

And to end the evening I finally got around to watching the first episode of the BBC series Life on Mars, which was also excellent

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                I broke my Chevvy Captiva AWD a week ago so have been using a hire car. I now know that I am scared to drive a Nissan Micra and any other car of that ilk!

Went out yesterday and bought a Land Rover Freelander 2 2.2 Td4e XS. a proper car. Can't wait to pick it up on Thursday

Until then there is the Nissan Micra
                I hate small cars as well. They are not fun to drive on motorways.

Oh and
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Vaguely sunny.

Dry.

Sort of mediocre.

I loved my little Fiat Seicento.

Just sayin' like.

Having destroyed two kitchen radios I was forced to dig out an ancient ghetto blaster that's built into a cardboard box.

The reason for this is that it belonged to a plasterer and fell off a scaffold thus ending up in a lot of pieces.

Said pieces were reassembled into a cardboard box some 28 years ago.

And it still works.

Amazing.

Even sounds quite good.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 6 August 2017, 07:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Tomorrow I may go shooting, or if the weather is nice I may drag the Harley out of the garage and take a ride to Brecon.

I'm bored now
                    Diver posting at midnight. Have you sawed through your hand again?

Comment

And it still works
                      Got a cheap ancient pre-FM portable radio in my garage. Not tried listening to music on it for decades but, for detecting mains cable in the wall, it works better than the proper thing from Homebase.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X