• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home, and weekend!

72 minutes there this morning, and 72 minutes back, which is about as good as it can get

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      The ZeitKitchen radio has just come to a sad end, having pissed me off one time too many.
      A second radio that made the same mistake has suffered the same fate.

This one was silver.

It was from Lidl(tm) and the bits were smaller.

Comment

A second radio that made the same mistake has suffered the same fate.

This one was silver.

It was from Lidl(tm) and the bits were smaller.

Ahh my Lidl silver kitchen radio was "recycled" years ago.

I used some nectar points to buy a digital one in Argos. It still lives especially as I have an echo to shout at nearby.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'd do the same to my RA17 and B40 but they're too heavy to pick up.

The final ep of S3 of "Fargo" has been watched.

It was a quite satisfying end, but, as always, could have been better.

Comment

Tea has been some of that sausage/onion/white wine casserole I made the other week, with chips and peas; and very nice it was

I suppose I ought to go down and see if the recycling bin needs to go out, but I'll have a rest to aid digestion first

Comment

I've started reading The Death of Grass by John Christopher. It was advertised in the back of a John Wyndham novel I read in the 1970s, and I thought then it seemed an interesting idea for a story. I finally got around to buying it… [checks Amazon…] almost two years ago. It seems very good, from the first couple of chapters.

Comment

Watched people with puppies.

Seems some would suit dogs rather than puppies.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I've started reading The Death of Grass by John Christopher. It was advertised in the back of a John Wyndham novel I read in the 1970s, and I thought then it seemed an interesting idea for a story. I finally got around to buying it… [checks Amazon…] almost two years ago. It seems very good, from the first couple of chapters.
                  There's a film of it which I seem to recall was on the tv in another life 40 years ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066154/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I'm currently halfway through "Assassins" with Sly Stallone & Antonio "overacting psycho" Banderas.

It's touch and go as to the dvd surviving the exercise.

Remind me never to watch anything with that oily spanish gimp in it ever again.

I think I caught a little bit of one of his other films which filled me with equal loathing.

Assassins (1995) - IMDb

Dreadful.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 3 August 2017, 20:47.

Comment

There's a film of it which I seem to recall was on the tv in another life 40 years ago.

No Blade of Grass (1970) - IMDb
                    I was wondering if there'd been a film.

The recycling bin has been led out of its stall, and I'm now going to watch something with a glass of Old Puke

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X