• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Football idiot!
    I must concur - anyone interested in football is an idiot.

Comment

We've transitioned to "showers" and the weather radar indicates that proper rain is only a few miles away and closing fast.

So I'm off to the Chinese, without a coat

Comment

The rain's settled in properly now, but at least it isn't cold

I popped over to Sainsbury's Local before going to the Chinese. The rain was only just starting when I went there, but when I was crossing back over it was getting going properly, so I did wear a coat to the Chinese after all

Now, time for a glass of wine for a change; and a film, though I haven't decided what yet

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Back from pub.

Beer and burger then cocktails.

Lots of young fillies out.

Neigh.

Comment

Tonight's diversions were courtesy of the NZ Motorway Patrol and Highway Patrol, ably supplemented by "Man On Fire", Denzel Washington, Christopher Walken, and Tony Scott.

Man on Fire (2004) - IMDb

Suitably bloody but the first hour was a bit tedious.

Comment

Turned out they made a second Jack Reacher film, so I obtained and watched that tonight. Pretty much the same kind of thing, which was what I hoped for

Though I would like to see a film that went to New Orleans on a day when there wasn't a parade. It's a bit of a cliché now, film-making people

And after that I watched the new 4K scan of Goodfellas, that being one of my favourite films. Overall, it's good, though it does show that sometimes 4K with older films doesn't work so well because it just brings out the grain inherent to analogue film in some lighting conditions. Still, it's worth it in this case

And, of course, it's one of the very few films for which it's worth sitting through the credits, as they're accompanied by that long piano section that makes up the majority of Layla from the album Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek and the Dominoes

I remember buying that album (vinyl of course in those days, and a double album) and listening to it for the first time. It's a great album, and Layla is on side 3; and until then, I'd never realised that piano section existed, having only heard the initial section with the vocals. I believe a lot of people have had the rather mind-blowing experience of discovering that there was so much more to that track than they'd learnt from the pub jukebox

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all lots of rain overnight which has washed dirt onto the roads. Be careful out there
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Be careful out there
                    Let's do it to them before they do it to us.

<ZG in "Sgt Jablonsky" mode>

Beef aroasting in the oven.

Lovely fire of all the accumulated crap from the last fortnight.

About to start on the endless vaccing.

April in July with alternating sun & showers.

Currently blue sky but the rain has only just passed over.

Can't say the piano bit of Layla floats my boat, but then I don't like piano music anyway.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 30 July 2017, 10:03.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Dry out, though cloudy

Comment

Working...
                      X