• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's the ZeitWednesdayTea of liver, bacon & onion gravy duly consumed.

Totally stuffed now.

And I put too much salt in something (probably the flour that coated the liver that then got used for the gravy).

Since it's currently grey there's no gardening this evening.

Plus the 9th ep of S3 of Fargo is on at 22:35.

Which usually means it's effectively the final ep since nothing much tends to transpire in ep 10.

Needless to say, the 18:30 "comedy" on R4 got switched off.

And the other comedian, Edie Mair, made the mistake of tuning into R2 as I unpacked my bag, only to have me retune to listen to a thing about spitfires rather than his doleful crap.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 26 July 2017, 17:56.

Comment

Home, finally!

It was set fair for a good run home when, just after The Fox public house (as was; it closed and became a private house several years ago) we came to a halt, and it was dead-slow-and-stop for the next half hour

Turned out a 4x4 and its pet caravan had come to grief up ahead, just before the Northamptonshire border. By the way the caravan was listing on the back of the truck it had just been loaded on to, I think it had lost a wheel and taken the 4x4 with it

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Slimming are you
        I have brown bread occasionally in a vague nod towards the idea of healthy eating

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Tomorrow will be pot hole filling day, when the council contractors put in just enough tar to fill the holes until Monday, when they will reopen again.
          I noticed this evening that a pothole just after the A510 junction in the outside lane of the A14 westbound has had a bucket of macadam dumped in it and gently patted down with a shovel. I think I know that road too well now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Home, finally!

It was set fair for a good run home when, just after The Fox public house (as was; it closed and became a private house several years ago) we came to a halt, and it was dead-slow-and-stop for the next half hour

Turned out a 4x4 and its pet caravan had come to grief up ahead, just before the Northamptonshire border. By the way the caravan was listing on the back of the truck it had just been loaded on to, I think it had lost a wheel and taken the 4x4 with it
            I've seen a fair number of those over the years.

One in thousands of bits on the M25.

One upside down on the M4 at Cardiff with the 4x4 pointing the wrong way on the hard shoulder.

Even had a wheel fall off a horse box on the A465 up in Ebbw Vale, which was different. I wonder if he ever found it, since it bounced across the road & disappeared down a bank.

Never mind, I'm sure he could have ridden the horse home.

I noticed this evening that a pothole just after the A510 junction in the outside lane of the A14 westbound has had a bucket of macadam dumped in it and gently patted down with a shovel. I think I know that road too well now

What I find remarkable is the number of potholes in the M4 around here.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I've seen a fair number of those over the years.

One in thousands of bits on the M25.

One upside down on the M4 at Cardiff with the 4x4 pointing the wrong way on the hard shoulder.

Even had a wheel fall off a horse box on the A465 up in Ebbw Vale, which was different. I wonder if he ever found it, since it bounced across the road & disappeared down a bank.

Never mind, I'm sure he could have ridden the horse home.

What I find remarkable is the number of potholes in the M4 around here.
              I was driving up the M1 one afternoon when a caravan had a blowout a few hundred yards in front of me, just south of Watford Gap services. Luckily it wasn't too busy so I was able to pull out before I hit the remains of its tyre.

And another time I was at the point where the M6, M6 Toll, and M42 all diverge and in my rear view mirror I saw an old boy behind who apparently forgot he had a caravan at all and tried to change lanes, smacking said caravan into the side of a fancy-looking BMW in the next lane

Luckily that time it was very busy so everything was going at about 15-20mph, which greatly reduced the harm done

Comment

I was driving up the M1 one afternoon when a caravan had a blowout a few hundred yards in front of me, just south of Watford Gap services. Luckily it wasn't too busy so I was able to pull out before I hit the remains of its tyre.

And another time I was at the point where the M6, M6 Toll, and M42 all diverge and in my rear view mirror I saw an old boy behind who apparently forgot he had a caravan at all and tried to change lanes, smacking said caravan into the side of a fancy-looking BMW in the next lane

Luckily that time it was very busy so everything was going at about 15-20mph, which greatly reduced the harm done
                Coming back up the 303 about 70-> 80 I was following a white Van & caravan when it started to snake. I slammed the hazards & brake on just in time, the van went to the hard shoulder, the caravan span to the outside lane then back to the hard shoulder. Luckily everyone around had got out of the way. The Van was sitting on the hard shoulder with the caravan just behind like it was still being towed but the caravan was upside down.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Praprikash of OX hearts, pasta & a mug of tea for dinner.

The rest of the family enjoyed my slow cooker roasted beef joint.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Chicken curry with rice. Cooked by myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X