• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Last evening's entertainment (apart from cutting the hedges back) was provided by "Shaft" starring Richard Rowntree and Moses Gunn.

Shaft (1971) - IMDb

It was averagely mediocre in its way, though the addition of the odd expletive such as "mother****er" with the occasional scene of bedroom type antics to slow stuff down aided things along a bit.

Daft it certainly was.

Even more disturbing is that I can remember wearing jackets like those. Stone me. The shame of it.

In other news, the train was early this morning, so much so that someone missed it having assumed it would be the usual 3 to 5 minutes late.

It actually left the station about 15 seconds early.

I have noted this with interest.

Last night I dreamed, not of Manderley, but rather of my much missed General Automation GA16-220.

This had developed a fault & rather oddly a chap from a completely different employment was trying to fix it.

I wonder what this means.

Other than don't eat cheese before going to bed.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 25 July 2017, 08:46.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day, as befits the occasion of going to the dentist

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS4JS3BU2yo

Comment

You are busted, scumbag.

13 everyday ways YOU could be breaking the law accidentally - Mirror Online

ARE YOU AN ACCIDENTAL LAW BREAKER?

If you intend to attach your washing line / garden hose / plants to a neighbour's wall or fence obtain consent first. It is your neighbour's property so their consent is required.

Bubbling hot tubs which are relaxing for you may not be for your neighbour and could constitute a nuisance due to noise.

Only cut back tree branches to the extent that they overhang your land. Cutting back into your neighbour's property is illegal. If the tree has a preservation order you cannot cut any branches.

Do not just throw back hedge or tree trimmings from overhanging plants without speaking to your neighbour first. Despite the plants belonging to them this could be considered to be garden waste fly tipping.

Do not take fruit from a neighbour's tree even if it overhangs your land - this constitutes theft.

Ensure any CCTV cameras around your property do not point at part or all of a neighbour's land. This could in some cases breach privacy laws under the Human Rights Act and possibly lead to allegations of harassment.

Smoke - whether from a wood burner in the house, a chiminea in the garden, or a barbecue - can constitute a nuisance.

Keeping chickens might seem like the "good life" and a good idea but the noise, odour, flies and vermin can be deemed to be nuisance behaviour.

Be mindful where you position children's trampolines to ensure that the noise is not too disturbing but also to avoid children (and adults!) being able to see into neighbours gardens and affect their right to privacy.

Bright security lighting if it shines directly into a neighbour's property can constitute light pollution or a nuisance

It is recommended by environmental health officers that noisy DIY should only take place between 8am and 6pm on weekdays, Saturdays between 8am and 1pm and never on a Sunday. Similar recommendations are in place for hoovering and other noisy domestic appliances.

If you are parking a caravan or winnebago on your drive give some thought to whether the position of the vehicle might affect your neighbours right to light and constitute a nuisance.

Do not use a neighbour's unsecure Wi-Fi connection without their knowledge i.e 'piggybacking'. Criminal charges can be brought against you under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 / the Communications Act 2003

Comment

For those of you with Apple devices, may I suggest you say "Hey Siri, I see a little silhouetto of a man"
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think my trampoline breaks the law.

But how else am I supposed to see the neighbour sunbathing topless?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      I think my trampoline breaks the law.

But how else am I supposed to see the neighbour sunbathing topless?

CCTV
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X