• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Been watching the new sky movie premier - a street cat called Bob. Very interesting. And based on a true story.
    The lead was played by the guy who played Alex Hurricane Higgins in Rack Pack.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Is your local paper related to the daily mail? 2 old ladies raised voices might be the reality.
      About fifteen guys, by all accounts, and the one who was "stabbed" seems to have just had a bit of a scratch to the chest

Comment

Still pretty full after the baguette, so I think I'll postpone the Chinese until tomorrow, or maybe some time in the week as I have a chicken that could be roasted tomorrow.

Comment

In a change to the schedule, tonight's "entertainment" was provided by "The Great Race", of which I had fond 1960s memories.

How utterly wrong they can be.

Interminable sort of sums it up, even in FF.

2 hours and 39 minutes? FFS.

The Great Race (1965) - IMDb

Watch "Wacky Races" instead.

At least that's funny and won't waste 2 hours and 40 minutes of your existence.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 16 July 2017, 07:50. Reason: "of" not "or"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            In a change to the schedule, tonight's "entertainment" was provided by "The Great Race", or which I had fond 1960s memories.

How utterly wrong they can be.

Interminable sort of sums it up, even in FF.

2 hours and 39 minutes? FFS.

The Great Race (1965) - IMDb

Watch "Wacky Races" instead.

At least that's funny and won't waste 2 hours and 40 minutes of your existence.
            I vaguely remember watching that once many years ago, and yes, it does kind of go on

Tonight I started with Fury, in which Brad Pitt commands a tank in Germany during the closing stages of the recent-ish war. Being one of those modern war films where CGI allows for an accurate depiction of the effects of heavy weaponry and nobody has to pretend it was a good thing, it was all a bit harrowing - good, but harrowing

Having tried war, I moved on to pestilence in the form of Contagion. This turned out also to be too realistic for its own good, in that it accurately portrayed the process of dealing with the sudden global spread of a virulent infectious disease as being a rather boring process involving lots of dull bureaucratic processes. When the nearest you can get to a villain is some blogger flogging homeopathic cures from his website, your plot has probably taken a wrong turn somewhere

So finally I turned to Man on a Ledge, which turned out to be just the ticket - it seems to represent itself as a thriller, but it's really a fast-paced caper movie, and none the worse for that

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I vaguely remember watching that once many years ago, and yes, it does kind of go on

Tonight I started with Fury, in which Brad Pitt commands a tank in Germany during the closing stages of the recent-ish war. Being one of those modern war films where CGI allows for an accurate depiction of the effects of heavy weaponry and nobody has to pretend it was a good thing, it was all a bit harrowing - good, but harrowing

Having tried war, I moved on to pestilence in the form of Contagion. This turned out also to be too realistic for its own good, in that it accurately portrayed the process of dealing with the sudden global spread of a virulent infectious disease as being a rather boring process involving lots of dull bureaucratic processes. When the nearest you can get to a villain is some blogger flogging homeopathic cures from his website, your plot has probably taken a wrong turn somewhere

So finally I turned to Man on a Ledge, which turned out to be just the ticket - it seems to represent itself as a thriller, but it's really a fast-paced caper movie, and none the worse for that

Goodnight all
              Oh, a fast paced caper movie. I'd drink to that.

In fact almost anything would be better than the foul overacting of the above mentioned "The Great Race".

I was vaguely interested to see that "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines" is of the same era, and, on a fairly recent rewatching, proved to be reasonably funny in its way, much more so than "The Great Race".

I wonder what other illusions I shall have shattered as I slowly descend through the pile of dvds.

It must be said that the very early Lone Rangers weren't exactly brilliant, but got better as time went on.

It's quite sobering to think that I chose "The Great Race" since I wanted something a bit lighter than "Training Day" had proved to be.

Ho hum.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all Off to cricket shortly.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grass mowed.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Grass mowed.
                      'Tis raining, thank feck, so I can't.

John McEnroe on Desert Island Discs.

What has the world come to?

They cannot be Serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X