• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew wot a scorcher.

Looks like the weather's borked again, much like the fridge.

I shall attempt to defrost the latter, can't do much about the former without the ZeitWeatherMachine(tm).

Lunch consisted of a Peters Steak & Kidney pie with Heinz baked beans.

Living the dream.

And this week the pie was already cooked, unlike last week's trauma of the giant sausage roll debacle.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 17 June 2017, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Pâté on thick wholemeal toast for lunch
      And again, thereby finishing off the pâté before its expiry date

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Phew wot a scorcher.
        Indeed. My plans for the afternoon involved assembling flatpack furniture and moving it around, but I think I may put them on hold (again)

Comment

My plans seem to involve either the apparently endless gardening (strimmer type), or the extraction of the satellite dish feed from this house to transfer it to ZeityTowers where it would be more useful in feeding the new and untested HD freesat rx.

Must do it before the warranty runs out on the rx.

Comment

Laundry of Tedium done

At least it'll dry quickly in this heat

Comment

Just went to the Amazon Locker to collect a parcel, but the sun is so bright it's impossible to read the screen. I had about six goes at entering the code by stabbing at roughly where I thought the right bits of the keyboard were, but no joy

I'll have to go back this evening

Comment

As it transpired, it was the installation of the Humax HD Freesat rx that got done.

It involved extracting the satellite feed from this house & moving it to next door.

The cable was only just about long enough & I had to clear the render off the outside of the tubes I installed for this very purpose back when the house was rendered.

The SD sat feed comes in through the air vent.

It's just as well I don't cut cables exactly to length or I'd have needed a join.

The ladder work taught me how weak I've become because I could only just about manage to put the ladder up to the soffits and clip the cable where it needed to go.

The fitting (and finding of) the F connectors and the crimp tool was fun too.

But it seems to be all joined up & working & I've watch the Good Doctor on it so there we go.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  As it transpired, it was the installation of the Humax HD Freesat rx that got done.

It involved extracting the satellite feed from this house & moving it to next door.

The cable was only just about long enough & I had to clear the render off the outside of the tubes I installed for this very purpose back when the house was rendered.

The SD sat feed comes in through the air vent.

It's just as well I don't cut cables exactly to length or I'd have needed a join.

The ladder work taught me how weak I've become because I could only just about manage to put the ladder up to the soffits and clip the cable where it needed to go.

The fitting (and finding of) the F connectors and the crimp tool was fun too.

But it seems to be all joined up & working & I've watch the Good Doctor on it so there we go.

I've managed the considerably less arduous task of screwing the two legs onto the desktop, then flipping it over and resting the other end on the cupboard constructed for that purpose, then grovelling around on the floor fiddling with the legs to get them the right length. Though I can't actually sit at the desk yet because it's at right angles to the existing small desk at one end, and there are boxes at the other end blocking my path round the new desk to the chair, and I've decided it's too warm to be shifting them right now

I'm probably going to swap the position of the two desks anyway, so there's no point getting things sorted out perfectly right now. That's my excuse, and I'm clinging to it

Comment

It was remarkably warm out there it must be said.

The moving of the television sets was challenging, that of the crt one being the most difficult.

It's all good clean fun though.

Tea has consisted of the final two fillets of kippered herring with butter, M&S finest, BBE aug 2012.

Assuming they weren't toxic, they were very nice.

The fridge is still defrosting and I'm sure there's a puddle on the carpety thing in the kitchen despite my best efforts of putting down newspaper, sponges and plastic sheeting in a futile attempt to keep said flooring dry.

Comment

I'm off to the Chinese for dinner. I don't think I'll bother wearing a coat

Comment

Working...
                      X