• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

I want to go out, but I'm stuck waiting for an Amazon delivery that supposedly won't fit in a locker (though it would). Why is it that if you have no plans they arrive at eight o'clock and roust you out of bed, whereas if you want to do something, they don't show up until the evening rush hour?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I want to go out, but I'm stuck waiting for an Amazon delivery that supposedly won't fit in a locker (though it would). Why is it that if you have no plans they arrive at eight o'clock and roust you out of bed, whereas if you want to do something, they don't show up until the evening rush hour?
        I lost it once.

I phoned some company I was ordering from that I had to go out and had enough as it was around 4pm. The guy then turned up 20 minutes later.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I lost it once.

I phoned some company I was ordering from that I had to go out and had enough as it was around 4pm. The guy then turned up 20 minutes later.
          I've just got the vague "Amazon Logistics" which can mean anything from some man-&-van outfit to one of the big delivery firms, so there's no way to find out any more than that it's "out for delivery" and has been since about half nine this morning

Comment

Hi ho, hi ho - it's off to an airport I go...

In this case its Good Evening Helsinki
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It should still be light there.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Have fun!

Comment

It's too late now to do the stuff I wanted to do without getting caught in the rush hour, so I'm going to bake some sausage rolls instead

Comment

Oh FFS. Delivery failed, no option to select a day when I'll be at home for re-delivery, or pick it up from anywhere. Cancelled it as I won't be here when they attempt another delivery tomorrow; I'll have to re-order it on Thursday for delivery on Friday

Though even the cancellation isn't guaranteed to have actually happened; I'll just have to wait and see if I keep getting failed delivery attempts

Comment

On the bright side, the sausage rolls have turned out nice again

Comment

Working...
                      X