• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    And there's this week's liver & bacon with onion gravy cooked & consumed.

It was very nice.

Though the bacon could have been a lot crisper if I knew how to do that.

I was thinking of going to B&Q since it's diamond discount day, but the weather is unpleasant so I can't be arsed.
    Zeity, I will try and help seeing I see a recurring Liver and Bacon theme.
    Hard and hungry work deleting posts

All bacon "likes" is hot at the beginning to seal both sides, then slow. i.e. start at hottest then turn down to half or lower.
    Always in a frying pan, the slow cook releases the fat, which you drain at the end.

Eventually the bacon will crisp right up, if thats how you want it, although once its had a while you can turn it up a little at the end.

I will see what Mr Fitz has to say
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 7 June 2017, 18:11.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Zeity, I will try and help seeing I see a recurring Liver and Bacon theme.
      Hard and hungry work deleting posts

All bacon "likes" is hot at the beginning to seal both sides, then slow. i.e. start at hottest then turn down to half or lower.
      Always in a frying pan, the slow cook releases the fat, which you drain at the end.

Eventually the bacon will crisp right up, if thats how you want it, although once its had a while you can turn it up a little at the end.

I will see what Mr Fitz has to say
      That all seems sound to me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        That all seems sound to me
        I should have added, always try and pick bacon with marbelling if buying back.

Or do what I do and cook back and streaky in the same pan.

"Just to make sure"
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks.

I'll try that.

I tend to fry the onions first, then fry the bacon.

AtW now has what he's wanted for years: his post count is greater than mine.

And it's surprising how many numpties we've had on the board over the years, most of whom have come & gone or been banned whilst barely leaving a mark.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Thanks.

I'll try that.

I tend to fry the onions first, then fry the bacon.

AtW now has what he's wanted for years: his post count is greater than mine.

And it's surprising how many numpties we've had on the board over the years, most of whom have come & gone or been banned whilst barely leaving a mark.
            You crafty sod.

Took me a too much time to catch on.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              You are really getting the hang of this outsourcing thing aren't you? Selling something you don't have for top dorra !

We are not worthy! Well done.
              Do you mind I'm selling it to the masters of that trick for top dollar while working for the software vendor and explaining why both the vendor and end client regard them as utterly incompetent.

The only thing to emphasis here is that we have their global departmental head (American)in these meetings and I'm running rings round him without breaking a sweat.

And at this time of year in India that requires being utterly
              Last edited by eek; 7 June 2017, 19:48.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Now watching The Chillenden Murders. On iplayer.

So far seems he was tucked up - however I am only halfway through so far.
                Watching second half now.

Comment

No more to s

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Do you mind I'm selling it to the masters of that trick for top dollar while working for the software vendor and explaining why both the vendor and end client regard them as utterly incompetent.

The only thing to emphasis here is that we have their global departmental head (American)in these meetings and I'm running rings round him without breaking a sweat.

And at this time of year in India that requires being utterly
                  Well fecking done, no more to say
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Chicken korma for dinner, with the usual trimmings

Suppose I'd better try to remember where I put my polling card

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Watching second half now.
                      So Michael Stone is innocent. It was Levi Bellfield.

Comment

Working...
                      X