• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join IPSE

Comment

Today's PeculiarZeitDream(tm) involved, rather than yesterday's Zodiac Mk IV gearbox trauma, writing something or other, presumably a Menvier alarm system, in that obscure dialect known as "Clike", being something that's vaguely like C, but is actually rather closer to being a slightly higher level assembler.

It was so distressing that it woke me at about 04:50 or so, which meant I listened to some programme or other on The World Service.

Naturally enough, after 05:00, the presenters changed to include that guy who mangles his English so as to make it almost totally incomprehensible.

Feck nose what the intended audience make of it.

The relief when it changes over to R4 is palpable, other than it implying that I've only got another hour to doze away.

Comment

Morning all Gloriously sunny outside. The Neighbour took the dogs for a walk earlier, so I haven't set foot outside the house yet.
        Not sure what's on the job list, but I think I need to start crossing things off it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Looks like it's the night of the long knives here at the moment.

Comment

Comment

Mostly sunny today. And it should not get too hot.

Comment

The morning has been spent pressure washing the patio furniture, it, like me, is now drying off. Important delivery just arrived too - a pint glass holder for my mic stand.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sunny here

Petrol station lunch day, too

Comment

Haze lifting

Comment

Clouds drifting

Comment

Working...
                      X