• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all Today I took The Dog (tw) for a walk to the polling station. She expressed her opinion of politicians with a two-bagger and posed for a photo.
    Now back home having caught up on the village gossip, about to start my next assault on the attic (or "Attic Attack" for those of my era)
    So hopefully by the beginning of next week the attic is empty

I'm like this as the people who are normally busy aren't today.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

If this trend continues I will soon be as bored as eek.

Comment

When I was young I got a Christmas present, which I've held on to, but not played with in decades. Just decided to google it to see if it was worth anything. Turns out that a Major Traction Engine in its box is £150+. Might have to clean it up and see if it still goes!
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            When I was young I got a Christmas present, which I've held on to, but not played with in decades. Just decided to google it to see if it was worth anything. Turns out that a Major Traction Engine in its box is £150+. Might have to clean it up and see if it still goes!
            A few years ago my mother bought over a box of books for my children. My daughter, aged 7, was immediately drawn to a brightly coloured book which my mother read to her. After my mother left, my wife had to explain to my daughter just how very very wrong it is.

Epaminondas and his mummy's umbrella - possibly one of the most racist books ever. Swisswatch: A Short History of Racism

I really should throw it away. However it is worth up to £50. So I have a huge dilemma.

Maybe I should ask NLUK.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              A few years ago my mother bought over a box of books for my children. My daughter, aged 7, was immediately drawn to a brightly coloured book which my mother read to her. After my mother left, my wife had to explain to my daughter just how very very wrong it is.

Epaminondas and his mummy's umbrella - possibly one of the most racist books ever. Swisswatch: A Short History of Racism

I really should throw it away. However it is worth up to £50. So I have a huge dilemma.

Maybe I should ask NLUK.....
              Keep it.

Explain the book to her when she is older.

Then sell it to fund her university fees* pointing out some people want the material as it has historic value.

* The money won't go far but it's the principle.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just had to chair another persons meeting, fairly large across work streams.

I had provided a solution to a breakdown in process.

Had some fool who kept on blathering on about not understanding the context of the call.
                I had to tell him 3 times all the info was on the meeting invite.

Same fool was actually involved in the break in the process, funnily enough he kept challenging the reason for having the call in the first place.

All wouldn't be so bad if it was actually my pointless fecking call in the first place.

Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 4 May 2017, 14:58.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Keep it.

Explain the book to her when she is older.

Then sell it to fund her university fees* pointing out some people want the material as it has historic value.

* The money won't go far but it's the principle.
                  You are right.

Occasionally I value things over money. Not good for a contractor.

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Pollen count seems quite high at the moment.

However the lentil <pffffft> soup for tea was very pleasant.

Not sure about tomorrow's fish (BBE 2014) which seems to have a lot of ice in the packet with it.

We'll soon find out if it's edible or not.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

And not just any weekend, for not only is the Super Monkey Car going for its MOT in the morning, I will then be travelling to London in the afternoon or evening to attend the Boring Conference on Saturday
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 4 May 2017, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X