• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I would call that a blessed relief, especially as you didn't know what the hell had gone on prior
    I knew you'd be along shortly to suggest the worst

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      I knew you'd be along shortly to suggest the worst

Just trying to assist old boy .

I have been in a few similar situations myself with less happy endings and have witnessed far worse concerning others
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It was ok, god knows what's happened. I decided i couldn't be arsed driving home and found a cheap hotel. Few beers with another contractor, pizza, another beer in a live music place. Next thing I know it's 5am, i'm laying on my hotel bed fully clothed and with the lights on.
        Struck out with MP huh? unlucky!
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Just trying to assist old boy .

I have been in a few similar situations myself with less happy endings and have witnessed far worse concerning others
          Oh yeah. I still remember the look on the girls face when she woke up and discovered she was in Huddersfield.

Comment

<cough1><wheeze7><splutter0><sneeze8>

I think the pollen count must be high.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 4 May 2017, 15:23.

Comment

Oh yeah. I still remember the look on the girls face when she woke up and discovered she was in Huddersfield.

You should have suggested "That's the danger of double strength Rohypnol for you..."

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Home!

Back by six, which is even more impressive than usual because I had to make a detour into the retail park by the motorway junction to collect the Super Monkey Car's new distributor cap from the eBay click'n'collect counter at Argos, which added about ten minutes to the journey

Comment

The Super Monkey Car

Chugs!

I went out and refitted the battery, then managed to work out how to replace the distributor cap, which I seem to have to learn anew every time. Then I got in, turned the key, and…

It fired! Almost first time; maybe turned over twice before it caught. I eased my foot off the gas and, as it fell back to idle, a cylinder or so was misfiring occasionally, so I kept the revs up for a while, easing back occasionally to check. After about two or three minutes I was able to let it fall back to idle, where it continued perfectly happily for a few minutes without any misfires at all

As I still had the lock across the steering wheel, I had to turn it off as the key was on the same ring. I took the lock off and tried to start it again - fired up straight away! I just took it forwards and backwards a few feet in the parking area, as I noticed when washing it that the front bumper has come a bit loose on the near side where the point where it's bolted on to the side has corroded, so I don't want to go for any grand tours until that's fixed. But I left it idling for another couple of minutes, and it ran just fine

So at least it can go for its MOT on Friday under its own power, as nature intended - hopefully without the bumper coming off en route

Comment

That exercise class was hard today. Instructor doesn't both to turn up last week, turns up today and uses lighter equipment then most of the class then proceeds to try to kill us all.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Watching dogs get their teeth cleaned on telly. The clever ones have quickly worked out they can eat the toothpaste as it tastes of chicken.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X