• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm wondering if it's safe for me to do exercise. I'm sober but everything is really difficult...

I'm thinking to give it a miss
    Probably best not if you're out of sorts

Comment

There are some deep wall cabinets I want to buy but they're never on the shelves in the local B&Q, even if they're shown as in stock. I assume they're kept in the "trade only" warehouse upstairs; and you can't order them for collection, so if I wanted to get them I'd have to go in and ask for them, then hang around while they were brought down for me

So I've ordered them to be delivered a week on Friday (first available date that I'm at home all day, due to no deliveries over Easter) in the hope that this will force me to get more of the kitchen sorted out before they arrive

If that doesn't work, I will be close to filling the flat with so many unassembled flatpacks that I'll have to abandon the place to them and go and live in the back yard

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        There are some deep wall cabinets I want to buy but they're never on the shelves in the local B&Q, even if they're shown as in stock. I assume they're kept in the "trade only" warehouse upstairs; and you can't order them for collection, so if I wanted to get them I'd have to go in and ask for them, then hang around while they were brought down for me

So I've ordered them to be delivered a week on Friday (first available date that I'm at home all day, due to no deliveries over Easter) in the hope that this will force me to get more of the kitchen sorted out before they arrive

If that doesn't work, I will be close to filling the flat with so many unassembled flatpacks that I'll have to abandon the place to them and go and live in the back yard
        You could always use the boxes to construct a rudimentary shelter. Probably less time and effort than actually putting the stuff together.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          You could always use the boxes to construct a rudimentary shelter. Probably less time and effort than actually putting the stuff together.
          Excellent idea!

Comment

Boring work shirts, which I'd forgotten about, have been washed. Quickest cycle, as it's not like I've been building a flyover in them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Probably best not if you're out of sorts
              I actually went and did it. Same instructor as Friday so she could see I was slightly out of it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I actually went and did it. Same instructor as Friday so she could see I was slightly out of it.
                Extra marks for effort

Comment

Though I don't think it's a good idea to come back to Fake Britain about fake tattoo inks.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Happy Inception Day to Blade Runner Replicant Leon Kowalski

Comment

Working...
                      X