• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Second coat on the Wall of How-Long-And-High-Is-This-Feckin-Wall

I figured the first coat would probably have dried after a month or so
    Good going! ms#3's bright green bedroom took about 17 coats to get it white again. I will leave it another 20 years before redecorating.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Not long back from todays effort. It's a beautiful day out there, I actually caught the sun a bit. Going to need sun cream if this keeps up.
      I put on sunscreen. 23 degrees according to my Garmin.

A bit over 30 miles (no cake stop!!) Kept up, but did flake out when I got home.

Enjoying a well earned cider.

Comment

Did I mention I won the lottery last week?

Got the usual "news about your ticket" email, logged in and thought "Oooh, twenty pounds, that's better than usual!". Nope, it was 20K. Checked, rechecked, then ordered myself a nice new Mazda MX5 RF (launch edition, red, for those who really care about these things).
        No match on numbers, but I got a 'tier 2' prize on the raffle. Very chuffed.

Hoping to have it for next weekend. And hoping the sun stays out!

Have never owned anything flasher than a Corsa before. Midlife crisis (assuming I live till 98 ) - bring it on
        Last edited by mudskipper; 9 April 2017, 17:13.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Did I mention I won the lottery last week?

Got the usual "news about your ticket" email, logged in and thought "Oooh, twenty pounds, that's better than usual!". Nope, it was 20K. Checked, rechecked, then ordered myself a nice new Mazda MX5 RF (launch edition, red, for those who really care about these things).
          No match on numbers, but I got a 'tier 2' prize on the raffle. Very chuffed.

Hoping to have it for next weekend. And hoping the sun stays out!

Have never owned anything flasher than a Corsa before. Midlife crisis (assuming I live till 98 ) - bring it on

https://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda-m...aunch-edition/
          Awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

After the glorious weather of yesterday, this afternoon2150 has turned out grey and miserable and about 10 degrees cooler.

Tea, such as it was, consisted of spag bol extracted from the freezer, out of a batch I made last year sometime in November.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 9 April 2017, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              After the glorious weather of yesterday, this afternoon has turned out grey and miserable and about 10 degrees cooler.

Tea, such as it was, consisted of spag bol extracted from the freezer, out of a batch I made last year sometime in November.
              Salad here, on account of it being summer. Which means quiche, Pringles (the crisps, not the knitwear), and a nod to green stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                After the glorious weather of yesterday, this afternoon has turned out grey and miserable and about 10 degrees cooler.

Still sunny with a touch of Simpsons here, though it's forecast to get cloudy overnight

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I put on sunscreen. 23 degrees according to my Garmin.

A bit over 30 miles (no cake stop!!) Kept up, but did flake out when I got home.

Enjoying a well earned cider.

Recovery Carbs!

Just worked out that according to Strava I burn through about 500 calories an hour at "race" pace. That means I'm going to need to eat ~2000 calories every four hours on the event. If I leave it longer than that I'll end up running out of energy and bonking. Do Mcdonalds do loyalty cards?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That burning smell?

It's not just the food....

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...iew-jay-rayner
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Beer mmmm
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X