• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Been looking in M&S for a microwave pressure cooker they had advertised back in January.

It appears to be no longer available.
    That sounds like a good idea - I might get one of those

Comment

Nice moon tonight

Comment

Lots of reduced sour dough breads in sainsbury this evening. Clearly, the readership of Monday Links shops there because the first thing that occurred to me was 'vaginal yeast'.

Comment

Then, én route home with my haul, I saw a piss head staggering about in the street. Checked behind in my rear view mirror to see him face plant the pavement and not move. So I've been chatting to the guy this past hour whilst the ambulance arrived.

Comment

He knows all about IT contractors, oddly enough. Hopefully his view has been improved...

Comment

Oh and, I got a free beer in a pub I used to frequent on account of the incident occurring nearby, the guy in question being a regular (and not a pisshead at all but terminally ill), and the landlady coming out to assist too.

Comment

Might phone for a curry now though, not sure I can be arsed to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Very well done. I have given 'kudos' in the appropriate place

Trying to build up fitness. Usual club doing 50 miles tomorrow which is a bit beyond me at the moment. Local facebook organised group got a 'slow' 25 miler, but their slow is my fast, but might give it a go.
                  Riding with people a bit quicker than you is the best way to get quicker, if you can keep up
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Oh and, I got a free beer in a pub I used to frequent on account of the incident occurring nearby, the guy in question being a regular (and not a pisshead at all but terminally ill), and the landlady coming out to assist too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      That sounds like a good idea - I might get one of those
                      It would be if they still stocked 'em.

I bought a microwave "pressure cooker" for £3 from The Works, but,as expected, it doesn't develop any perceptible pressure when in use.

The one in M&S looked a bit more realistic, but the only ones I've seen recently are hideous plastic contraptions for £35 from Amazon.

Today, in addition to the arctic pollock and some dyed cod, I discovered that ZeitMater had hidden a supply of breaded haddock at the bottom of the freezer, so that is possibly inedible by now too.

The arctic pollock is recoverable if the fillets are separated using the hammer & screwdriver, followed by some rehydration to replace the water that's sublimed out during the 5 year freeze.

I started watching the Department Q thing on BBC4, but once I realised what it was going to be about, I watched the Oz customs thing instead, then watched the last 10 minutes to see what ultimately happened.

I miss Saga.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 8 April 2017, 22:02.

Comment

Working...
                      X