• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Up for 7am to deal with the grand Opening of the Gate for the Bins. It was quite bright then, but chilly. Then I went straight back to bed and am feeling much better for the extra sleep. Now it's a bit overcast, but warmer

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      The roadies only understand amps that go to 10. Mine goes to 11. It's one louder.
      Wimp.

Comment

The asker of incredibly obtuse questions is attempting to program PICs.

It must be the way I teach it, I'm sure.

Attempt one:

Code:
            0x06 BTFSC
        Attempt two:

Code:
            BTFSC
        Attempt three:

Code:
            BTFSC portA
        Attempt four:

Code:
            BTFSC portA,1

Comment

Exercise done, meetings had, fighting with GIT...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's turning a bit Simpsons out there now

I presume this is so the sun can get in my eyes when I'm driving to the shops

Comment

Greggs sausage roll for lunch

I followed the cooking instructions exactly, right down to the oddly-specific 28 minute cooking time. It's slightly overdone

I'll follow my own instincts next time.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Greggs sausage roll for lunch

I followed the cooking instructions exactly, right down to the oddly-specific 28 minute cooking time. It's slightly overdone

I'll follow my own instincts next time.
                Ah, just checked - it's the steak bakes and chicken bakes that are 28 minutes; sausage rolls are 25 minutes. Still, the extra three minutes won't have made that much difference. I reckon the temperature needs to be a little lower than 220°C too.

Comment

Ah, just checked - it's the steak bakes and chicken bakes that are 28 minutes; sausage rolls are 25 minutes. Still, the extra three minutes won't have made that much difference. I reckon the temperature needs to be a little lower than 220°C too.
                  I often think that too, when the pie lid goes the black side of brown.

Comment

If using a fan oven, try 10°C less heat....
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      If using a fan oven, try 10°C less heat....
                      No, just an ordinary gas oven. It seems to be slightly miscalibrated, according to my oven thermometer, so I set it one gas mark lower than the packaging recommended, which gets it to the actual recommended temperature of 220°C, which is what the temperature was at right through to when I took it out.

Of course I have no way of knowing if the thermometer is correctly calibrated, but if it was reading low that would make the cooker even more out of whack, and it's brand new so it seems unlikely it'd be wrong by more than 20°C.

Maybe I was supposed to put it on a lower shelf. In the middle of the oven might be the right place.

I'll have to go to Iceland for a few more boxes of sausage rolls and carry out a number of experiments

Comment

Working...
                      X